Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

it should be illegal

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

It should be illegal for someone who is 37wks pregnant to walk into a salon and demand a hair cut.  I did this last night and woke up this morning thinking wtf?  I cut my hair off and thinned  it out.  I HAD long thick hair.  I know have short thin hair.  Its not me at all.  Im a tom boy that works with pit bulls.  This makes me look like a girly girl who has a white apron and enjoys making cookies.  Well its hair it will grow back I guess.  I just look in the mirror and not only do I not recognize myself as my face is so full and fat but now I have this crazy hair cut.  Well that's my vent for the day.  Sorry no pic ladies I never take selfies and I actually tried and I can't get a right angel so you can see what I did to my hair.  

by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheyAreMyLoves
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Pics?
teri4lance
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol mama. Pg brain is not to be trusted.
LilliesValley
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Wait having a shorter cut makes you seem more girlie?

I wanted to cut my hair before I had dd2 but my beauticians dh died and she was moving back home. So sad! That was around 32 weeks. I had my lo six weeks ago and still no cut. I Just found a place I'm willing to try
SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I always regret cutting my hair : /
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I made the mistake of getting bangs whrn i was prego with my first
pinkfairy0206
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM
You work with pit bulls? What do you do exactly? We used to foster pits yrs ago. We adopted our first furdaughter a lil over a year ago. It was the best decision we've made:)
NtrlMama
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
LOL. Actually, I have been planning to cut my hair for months. We will see if I can fit it in before LO comes. My thought was to donate 12 inches or so to Locks of Love. I can cut that much off and still have shoulder length hair. Hubby isn't thrilled about it, but I just remind him that A) it's for a good cause and B) it will grow back.
CafeMom Tickers
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know about demanding a hair cut, but if in the case of a mom getting a scheduled csection or induction and they wanna look nice for when they deliver then it shouldn't be illegal. Moms deserved to be pampered when they are are about to give birth.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Ha! That's me I'm scheduled for a wax, cut & style, pedicure / manicure, and full body scrub. 1 day before my c section

Quoting Cheyennesmommy4:

I don't know about demanding a hair cut, but if in the case of a mom getting a scheduled csection or induction and they wanna look nice for when they deliver then it shouldn't be illegal. Moms deserved to be pampered when they are are about to give birth.

charley31
by on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I work pits best job ever. I have my animal science degree. I am the vet tech at an animal shelter, we have nothing but pits. So I do all the health checks, vaccinations, behavior assessments, adoptions etc. I have two pit bulls at home that are the best for my son who has special needs.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

You work with pit bulls? What do you do exactly? We used to foster pits yrs ago. We adopted our first furdaughter a lil over a year ago. It was the best decision we've made:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN