Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Side tattoos & pregnancy

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

How has yours changed? I have a relatively big side piece and I wonder how it may change when I get pregnant

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firechick4817
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I have both sides done. Are you small or curvy. If you have even minor small curves they should not change that much. But let me known if your small and I'll let you know what to do
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I am petite but I am curvy

Quoting firechick4817:

I have both sides done. Are you small or curvy. If you have even minor small curves they should not change that much. But let me known if your small and I'll let you know what to do

lillettemomma
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I have a hip tattoo that has been fine threw 3 pregnancies do far....needs to be touched up but that's because it's old....after this baby I will have it fixed
KelliansMom
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I have a tattoo on  my hip/pelvic area ...after my son one side is stretched out a bit. 

milfanyway
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I have two lower stomach/hip tattoos, and they look great after delivering a ten pound baby seven weeks ago. I got them over my old stretch marks and they still did ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassysouthernma
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Mobile Photo

You can kinda see my paw print. I have one on the other side too. They still look good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Mobile Photo

mine hasn't changed at all thank god but mine don't really touch my stomach they're mostly on my ribs.
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Mine is on my ribs MOSTLY but part of it goes toward the side of my stomach. 

Quoting marissabrookee:

Mobile Photo

mine hasn't changed at all thank god but mine don't really touch my stomach they're mostly on my ribs.

lillucky8
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I have one on my right side rib cage and it seems okay, a cpl of the lines seem a tiny bit stretched but its not very noticeable, i have one on my lower stomach near my hip bone and its ruined, my daughters pregnancy totally put a bagillian stretch marks thru it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Thankfully, my tattoo's are all in places taht pregnancy hasn't affected.  I know a handful of people that wasn't so lucky...but they are fixable after with a good tattoo artist.  Even when scar tissue is stretched, you can still get a descent cover-up that your happy with.  I only know of one person that got a cover-up over their stretched tattoo (it was on her belly button...and she did get pretty big during her pregnancy), but it looked AMAZING after she got it fixed.  It really didn't look bad before, it kinda looked like the color faded, almost like she had it for 8 years or so without getting it touched up, and it didn't look as perfect as before, like the lining and such...but it wasn't ugly or anything, but it bothered her and after she covered it up, you couldn't tell there was a stretched tat under it at all :)  So don't worry too much....worry about that later :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN