Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

labor and delivery tours

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

So excited...everything is just so real and so fast now I'm due December 29th and since its NEXT MONTH I finally scheduled a tour of the labor and delivery room at my hospital for December 1st. Although I am pretty nervous for the tour and obviously delivery cause I'm 18 and just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago and its a group tour I don't want other couples to judge me also for the fact my mom is going to be my partner in this but its still cool to finally know what to expect come the day of my delivery!

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM
congrats! i doubt anyone will judge you and Im sure having your mom there will help calm your nerves. Dont be afraid to ask questions (sometimes those tours can move really fast) I hope its a nice hospital and you enjoy it. maybe you will end up with a christmas baby!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephw95
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM

thank you! I'm kind of scared of him coming out on Christmas lol I really don't want to be in the hospital on Christmas but if I was I would rather it be later in the night instead of during the day, my mom thinks he will be here the 26th shes going to take votes on Thanksgiving to see when my family thinks he'll be here I say he'll be late but we will see 

Quoting caligirl7613:

congrats! i doubt anyone will judge you and Im sure having your mom there will help calm your nerves. Dont be afraid to ask questions (sometimes those tours can move really fast) I hope its a nice hospital and you enjoy it. maybe you will end up with a christmas baby!!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I always felt a lot better about delivery after I took the tours. It's good to be able to picture where you will be birthing. Have you considered a doula to support you as well as your mom?

I just doulad for a young single mom and really enjoyed it.

stephw95
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM

no I haven't I think I will be ok my mom and sister are going to be in the room and my cousins want to come so they are going to be in the waiting room if they get here in time I live in Pa they live in Ny but its only about 2hours depending on traffic and stuff

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I always felt a lot better about delivery after I took the tours. It's good to be able to picture where you will be birthing. Have you considered a doula to support you as well as your mom?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Well good luck. I hope it goes really well for you.

Quoting stephw95:

no I haven't I think I will be ok my mom and sister are going to be in the room and my cousins want to come so they are going to be in the waiting room if they get here in time I live in Pa they live in Ny but its only about 2hours depending on traffic and stuff

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

stephw95
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

thank you

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Well good luck. I hope it goes really well for you.

Quoting stephw95:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

caligirl7613
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:29 PM
lol she should take bets!!!

Quoting stephw95:

thank you! I'm kind of scared of him coming out on Christmas lol I really don't want to be in the hospital on Christmas but if I was I would rather it be later in the night instead of during the day, my mom thinks he will be here the 26th shes going to take votes on Thanksgiving to see when my family thinks he'll be here I say he'll be late but we will see 

Quoting caligirl7613:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Congrats and good luck I had a new years eve baby when I was 18 maybe you'll have the same :)
NatyRod
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Congrats.. Being prepared and knowing what to expect can decrease anxiety and help the process.. I'm also having my first on Dec. 9 and I'm soooo ready for him to be here. The hospital tour was great, it definitely makes it that much more real. :)
lillettemomma
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I almost had an Xmas baby.... my odd was due january 1st but was born on Dec 23.... I left the hospital AMA on the 24th cause I was not spending Xmas eve or day at the hospital lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN