Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

22 weeks, horrendous bladder infection

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 17 Replies
So, I woke up at 3am on Thursday morning after spending Wednesday relatively crampy. But when I woke up, the cramps were INTENSE, front and back and Tylenol didn't touch them. I called my doc who had me come into labor and delivery. Turns out I have a bladder infection. It doesn't hurt to pee but OMG THE CRAMPING. And the pressure. I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball covered in spikes. Has anyone else had a bladder infection at this stage? I'm on macrobid, anxiously awaiting relief. :(
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I've only ever had one bladder infection and it was hell.  Hope it goes away fast!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I'm sorry :(
PeachySweet2007
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Thanks ladies. Yes, it's rough. I've managed to almost forge there is a baby in there at times bc I'm so uncomfortable. Then my boy moves and everything is alright. :)
i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Cranberry juice!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Yes ma'am, I'm on it!

Quoting i.love.my.life:

Cranberry juice!!

Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I know how u feel I just finished my course of anitbiotics I've had two bladder infections so far and I'm only 15 weeks . This last one was sever cramping as well made me rush to te Er . Hope u feel better soon !! I found drinking tons of water on top of my antibiotics helped .
PeachySweet2007
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Aww I sure hope that was you final bout of this! It's awful. Yep I've been drinking a ton of water, too.

Quoting Newmumtobe44:

I know how u feel I just finished my course of anitbiotics I've had two bladder infections so far and I'm only 15 weeks . This last one was sever cramping as well made me rush to te Er . Hope u feel better soon !! I found drinking tons of water on top of my antibiotics helped .

Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Thanks im feeling much better there no fun at all ! I hope u feel better soon too !

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Aww I sure hope that was you final bout of this! It's awful. Yep I've been drinking a ton of water, too.

Quoting Newmumtobe44:

savannahwoltjen
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I know exactly what you're going through! I've had  a bladder and Kidney infection my whole pregnancy, I'm 21 weeks and 6 days today.  They found out my infection is resistant  to Macrobid...because this is my 6th round of antibiotics. So if this doesn't work go back in and have them culture your Urine to see what it's resistant   to. I told my doctor how bad the pain is ( you obviously know what I mean)  so my doctor gave me percect 5's. Which is fine to take as long as it's not long term. Good luck hun hope you get better! :) but know you're not alone.

PeachySweet2007
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Thanks!

Quoting Newmumtobe44:

Thanks im feeling much better there no fun at all ! I hope u feel better soon too !

Quoting PeachySweet2007:

Quoting Newmumtobe44:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN