Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone wait this long

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 25 Replies
I called my OB for my first appointment they give me dec. 18th I think that's so far away. My last pregnancy they saw me before 8 weeks. I'll be 12 weeks by the time I go in.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Yup. I found out July 31st and my first appt was August 17th
cailliermommy
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I'm 14wks and haven't seen my midwife. We agreed to meet up in dec.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Yes. The doctors I have all had wouldn't see anyone until 10+ weeks. I waited until I was 11w6d with this one lol.. I just didn't feel like going in any sooner. Not much they can do early on anyways.
lauren.m
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM
As long as you don't have a history of ectopic or other issues they don't do much of anything until 12+ weeks. I know it feels like an eternity.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I had a nurse visit around 8 weeks and saw my doc around 10
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM
This. After my pregnancy was confirmed, I waited until about 9-10weeks with my first two. This pregnancy I have been seen once a week since I found out I was pregnant. Now my appointments are 2-3 weeks apart. I am only 11 weeks.

Quoting lauren.m:

As long as you don't have a history of ectopic or other issues they don't do much of anything until 12+ weeks. I know it feels like an eternity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Yep I think that is normal if there aren't any past issues or any new ones presenting. That said if anything seems wrong or off just call your doc's office and they'll bring you in if necessary.
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM

with my first i found out 1/12/12 and i wasnt able to be seen until close to feb. i think i was 8 or 9 weeks...this time they fit me in as soon as posible because complications from first baby! congrats!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Keda84
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Thank you!

Quoting tabby21:

with my first i found out 1/12/12 and i wasnt able to be seen until close to feb. i think i was 8 or 9 weeks...this time they fit me in as soon as posible because complications from first baby! congrats!!

KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I found out right after we moved and I had trouble getting my insurance so I was 4 months already by time I got to some one. Never had issues with any pregnancies and I knew what to be careful about ect n baby fine n healthy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)