Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Braxton Hicks and Sex

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
I'm 36 weeks along, and the bra ton hicks contractions are kicking in big time.
But after having sex. They tend to be stronger and more painful than they normally are.
Should I be worried about having sex this close to my due date?
(Tmi, maybe: I have been so horny during this whole pregnancy, never going as long as two days without it. But now its starting to hurt when I'm having sex. I don't want to give it up, cause I don't know how long it will be after my lil boy is born before I'll be able to have sex again. )
Should I give it up for the rest of my pregnancy??
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mikkosmommy
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM
This is pretty normal and don't give it up. Actually sex is a great natural inducer towards the end... The semen is known to thin the cervix and your orgasims can jump start contractions, as you may have noticed. Doesn't always work for everyone but it's fun trying :)
Of course towards the end finding comfortable positions can be a challenge, but it is not harmful to you or baby.
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM
You don't have to. They probably aren't doing much. Since 24 weeks I get them bad after sex... They aren't painful... Just uncomfortable, but they're really regular and strong enough that I feel pressure with each one in my vag. Like the other night I was able to time them and they were coming every two minutes and lasting about 30 seconds, but they were just a little bit uncomfortable... Not even bad enough to keep me awake. With my first pregnancy I got really strong painful contractions after sex but they never put me in labor.
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
If you aren't ready for labor, you won't go into labor. When I was pg with #2, we had sex at 35w around 11pm. That night I had contrax every 4 or 6 mins (I can't remember now) for 8 hours. I was up all night with them but they never increased in intensity. They stopped all of a sudden around 7am. The next week same thing but that time I went into labor and delivered at 36w5d
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)