Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Tricks please advice anything?:)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am 33 1/2 weeks pregnant according to my doc. But on the websites I am 34 1/2 weeks. Anyway I got induced with my daughter an was not effacing and dialating at all with her. So this time I want to go on my own so bad into labor so what can I do startin now to thin out my cervix and dilate myself so I can be progressing until my due fate? I want something fast too! I have already been more active with walking,
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
There's not really anything you can do. If your body isn't ready, it's not going to respond to any of the tricks you try. And 33 weeks is too early to start trying to self induce anyway.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
When were you induced and what was your due date with your last?
staciexo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

It is too early to start trying to dilate. Not safe yet. Every pregnancy is different dont forget that. When yu get closer there are lots of things to try and if nothing else they will keep you busy till baby is ready.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sex. But really you shouldnt be needing to try anything yet. At 40 weeks you can start to think about it. Also don't let your doctor induce until at least 40 weeks. :)
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Until you're over 40 weeks there's no reason to try anything. Babies come when they are ready and trying to force it won't help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smiletoday123
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I went exactly a week over then got induced that night..

Quoting Pandapanda:

2ndbabyBumpStar
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I was two weeks over due so I did everything I could, walking and actually, take a warm shower and play with your nipples, extracting some colostrum or pre milk helped me. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I meant what was the date? Were you due anytime within 2-3 weeks of a holiday?
Either way, you were only 41 weeks. That's normal/average for a first time mother and unless you had developed complications, you probably didn't need to be induced. You don't progress until it's time to progress (there are some uncommon exceptions, of course).

Give yourself some time. Trying to change your cervix so early can be a disaster.

Quoting smiletoday123:

I went exactly a week over then got induced that night..

Quoting Pandapanda:

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Its way too early still. My advice is wait it out your baby and body know when it is ready for labor. Most first time moms can go up to 42 weeks before going into labor. It sounds like your Dr just wanted to make things easier for him/her.
musicaldoula
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Reread your words! "I want to go on my own so bad into labor" that's your answer. WAIT for your baby to signal when it's ready to be born, TRUST nature and your body, and ALLOW it to happen on it's own. Braxton Hicks contractions will help thin your cervix, semen will help ripen your cervix, walking is great exercise and good for both you and your baby's bran (though it won't effect your cervix). JUST SAY NO if you're with an induction happy doctor. RELAX and ENJOY this birth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)