Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

negative fetal fibronectin test and labor.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 8 Replies
Is there any moms here who had a negative FFN and then went on to deliver shortly after? I had one on Thursday and the contractions have gotten worse. I was told I won't go into labor before my appointment on Wednesday but I really don't think im going to make it thru tm. But she told me that the negative test means I will not go into labor this week so I'm torn.
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Not here, but every test has room for error.  If you think things are picking up I would go in for evaulation. 

Mommyon012914
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would go in to make sure.

beachlove512
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM

This is from the FFN website: "A negative test result gives you 99.2% assurance that you will not deliver in the next two weeks." So most likely you won't go into labor but there's still a small chance. If you're having a lot of contractions, I think you should just be on the safe side and give the doctor a call.

MammaKoi
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:18 PM

That not the case you can go into labor at any time it just means there is less of a chance of you haveing a pre-term delivery. If you start to have pressure and consistant contractions 3-5 mins apart then Yes you go in. It just sounds like to me they don't want to deal with it. I went into the docs 3 weeks in a row and the last two time was a few days before I was induced for pre-E. I went in at 4-5cm dilated and 30% effaced. I did that test and I was negative too but that didn't stop my contractions or the pain. I had him at 39wks 1 day per induction due to Pre-E. 

lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I went in today. I am 50% effaced and not quite 2cm. He is developed just fine so after 34 weeks (which will be Wednesday) they will let him come. I have a csection scheduled for Jan 2nd if he stays in that long. My bp is good so they aren't worried about pre-e at this point

Quoting MammaKoi:

That not the case you can go into labor at any time it just means there is less of a chance of you haveing a pre-term delivery. If you start to have pressure and consistant contractions 3-5 mins apart then Yes you go in. It just sounds like to me they don't want to deal with it. I went into the docs 3 weeks in a row and the last two time was a few days before I was induced for pre-E. I went in at 4-5cm dilated and 30% effaced. I did that test and I was negative too but that didn't stop my contractions or the pain. I had him at 39wks 1 day per induction due to Pre-E. 

Johlsh
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I did. I had a negative result and went into labor the following week. Was already 5 centimeters dilated by the time I got to the hospital.
MammaKoi
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Just don't let them check you anymore until after 39wks cause it causes your cervix to dilate and soften too (also contractions). That's good but I was pre-e negative until I hit 39wks too. Keep an eye on it and just relaxe as much as you can. Enjoy it your journey ends soon, I miss my bub in the tummy very much. 

Quoting lesalmi:

I went in today. I am 50% effaced and not quite 2cm. He is developed just fine so after 34 weeks (which will be Wednesday) they will let him come. I have a csection scheduled for Jan 2nd if he stays in that long. My bp is good so they aren't worried about pre-e at this point

Quoting MammaKoi:

Larsbug
by Laura on Nov. 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM

not here, but here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN