Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mental Breakdown ;-/ How did you survive this phase?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM
  • 22 Replies
I am just laying in bed thinking about everything...hubby is on night shifts and I feel awful. I feel like a terrible case of swine flu has taken over my body this whole first trimester. It has finally gotten the best of me and all I feel like doing is crying my eyes out. I just want a time machine so I can skip this whole thing and have my beautiful baby. I have never been so desperate to feel better in my entire life. I guess I just need mommy support! I know I have posted feeling awful before, but omg how did you get through this phase? I have never felt so disconnected from my body. I feel shaky, hot, achy, nauseous, exhausted & like my uterus is going to explode. I slept all day today. I wish I had a pregnant friend to lay on the couch with me, watch chick flicks, and feel like total shit with me so I am not going throughthis alone lol 13 weeks tomorrow... 6 more months to go... oh boy...
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ndbabyBumpStar
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I got hives during this pregnancy and I literally went crazy, I yelled at my boyfriend and I just hated my own body and skin, and I have never had an allergic reation and it sucked! Just do whatever makes you feel better, a bubble bath? I had to try to keep my mind off my pain so I began watching funny videos they say laughter is the best medicine and it helped a lot to laugh while my body was in a massive amount of pain. And think of your baby and that it will be over and you will get to love and hold you little one! 

ToniTennille
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I felt like you. I'm 26 weeks now. I never had symptoms with the others. So this was new for me. Unfortunately all I could do was take it one day at a time. Hugs
mama232011
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Ask your doctor for help they have meds you could try if crackers and gingerail don't work the pills helped me
ShelbyWalton
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM
I have Zofran and that works wonders. I am not as nauseous as I use to be. I just feel so awful everywhere else. Just miss feeling normal. Human. Ya know? Haha

Quoting mama232011:

Ask your doctor for help they have meds you could try if crackers and gingerail don't work the pills helped me
ShelbyWalton
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
This is my first baby. I can't even begin to think of a second one right now haha. I am just hoping this second tri is much better. Thank you for the support.

Quoting ToniTennille:

I felt like you. I'm 26 weeks now. I never had symptoms with the others. So this was new for me. Unfortunately all I could do was take it one day at a time. Hugs
ShelbyWalton
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Omg hives? That sounds awful. I am breaking out and I just feel down about myself. I love bubble baths and need to take more of them. I would probably fall asleep in there! I have to lay after a shower because I am so dang tired. I watch a lot of chick flicks which helps. My online schooling keeps me busy too. I want to start crocheting a baby blanket too. Pass time. It would be so nice to love on my little one. I can't wait!

Quoting 2ndbabyBumpStar:

I got hives during this pregnancy and I literally went crazy, I yelled at my boyfriend and I just hated my own body and skin, and I have never had an allergic reation and it sucked! Just do whatever makes you feel better, a bubble bath? I had to try to keep my mind off my pain so I began watching funny videos they say laughter is the best medicine and it helped a lot to laugh while my body was in a massive amount of pain. And think of your baby and that it will be over and you will get to love and hold you little one! 

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
I TOTALLY feel ya! My two older sons tried killing me, I was constantly on and off of bed rest. This time, my third son that I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant with is DESTROYING me from the inside out. I've been on bed rest for three weeks now! Doc says likely duration of pregnancy. :-( I'm going bat shit crazy, especially with a toddler, preschooler, and the holiday season. I'm in so much pain that it's starting to become normal. I've been very moody lately because of it. I'm on bp meds, zofran for morning sickness and had a cerclagh (sp) put in. I'm so so SO OOOOOOO ready to be done. I've already scheduled the big clip for hubby and myself after he is born.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I remember that phase well. It was during first trimester that I told myself I would not have any more kids because I just couldn't go through it again. But, I DID start to feel normal again! I took it one day at a time. Some days would be better, and some worse. I usually felt better if I could take a shower and get ready and do one small thing a day-go grocery shopping, take a short walk, grab coffee with a friend, etc. I hope you feel better soon! By about 18 weeks, I started to feel much better and by about 22 I was into the good part of 2nd trimester.
krystlzd3
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Sorry....with 4preg, I had maybe a week of morning sickness.....total. And it was only nausea.

I hope things get better. I wish I could help.
charley31
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hang in there I was where you are. I was soo sick I lost 10lbs. Everything hurt. I was crying nonstop. Talk to your dr. Ginger ale or Gatorade. Zofran helps too but it can constipate you. It will pass. Sleep is the best thing and fluids. I'm having my baby in 13 days via csection. You will survive. Just sleep and stay hydrated. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN