Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ultrasound- can you trust it? UPDATE!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 30 Replies

I'm not sure if you ladies remember, but last week we were told we were having a little girl. I was 18 weeks along. I wanted a girl so bad after having 3 boys, but out of curiousity..would you ladies trust the ultrasound on the gender? I've heard a few stories about the ultrasound being wrong but with me being 18 weeks, I would think it would be obvious. She was moving around so much and crossing her legs. I never felt  this way with my boys but they weren't shy what so ever. It was like "BAM! I'm a boy!" Lol! I have my second anatomy ultrasound tomorrow for confirmation but just wanted to see what you ladies thought.

Here's the u/s of her-

** UPDATE:

I had my second ultrasound yesterday and she's definitely a girl. My doctor looked at her at different angles down there and I counted 3 lines. Phew! Now I don't have to return anything I bought. Lol! Thanks for the responses ladies!

by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Since you are past 16 weeks, I would trust it.  Plus, this pic is pretty clear. 

azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I'm just in shock and can't believe it, I guess. Lol!

Quoting meam4444:

Since you are past 16 weeks, I would trust it.  Plus, this pic is pretty clear. 

LNLMommy
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

looks like a girl to me! With this baby-there is no mistaking he is all boy!

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I would trust it. We wanted our 2nd to be a girl so badly. She was such a wiggle worm it took almost the entire u/s to show the goods...that should have been our first clue LOL, our son wasn't shy at all!!! Anyway when she said "girl parts" I cried so hard I never looked myself. When the doc came in to tell us everything looked good I said "you guys are sure its a girl, right?" The sweet man turned the machine back on and looked himself! He checked every possible angle and said "100% girl"

They know their business. One would hope if they had a bad angle or something, they would be honest about that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would trust it. With both my boys there was no denying they were boys lol. Congratulations on your girl :)
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Looks like a girl to me!

NewInChrist
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Looks like a girl to me but I know 2 people that were told girl and had boys lol
nicole2884
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks like a girl
keeney09
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

i dont trust u/s until 32 weeks or after i was 21 weeks with my first and they said they were 100% sure it was a girl well he is 100% boy so i no longer trust u/s but best of luck to you

baby development
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM
That's my fear. Do you remember how far along they were?

Quoting NewInChrist:

Looks like a girl to me but I know 2 people that were told girl and had boys lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)