Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

permanent birth control?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM
  • 23 Replies

I had an OB appointment today and seen a pamplet for birth control called Essure. Doctor explained to me that two small inserts into each fallopian tube that are flexiable and soft sealing the fallopian tubes shut for good. The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes. There's no surgery or hormones and it is done in the doctor's office. Would you consider doing this if you knew you were done having children?

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle.ana
by Ana on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Yes. When we decide we are done, we will be done, both getting fixed.
nicole2884
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Nope I would rather get my tubes cut because I am to freaked by out to have a foreign object in my body
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Yeah I couldn't even consider it. He whole hing freaked me out. I know some women that did it though but it wasn't for me. I had my tubes tied (clipped) back in July at 7wks PP. no regrets.
mikkosmommy
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I am planning on it after this one. Seems MUCH better than surgery to me!
SRUsarahSC
by Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM

look into that further before you decide, I have read about horrid side effects from Essure.  

L0laUnscript3d
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Im actually considering it after Bean comes. As long as its surgery free and hormone free Im good. Having a foreign object in my body doesnt bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I've never heard of it so I would have to research it but chances are, when we know for 100% that we are done, my hubby will just get snipped.

brandie1470
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Im having a csec. They are going to be in there anyway. Might as well do it
Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I thought about that but not sure if we will do it or not kinda freaks me out to have something foreign inside of me but still considering it
Lashawn77
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM
The hospital I am delivering at doesn't do Tubal ligation so I plan on getting t the Essure or my tubes burned at my 6 week post partum appointment. I have to wait until baby is delivered via csection to determine if I can get my tubes tied due to possible scarred tissue... This will be my 4 th c section.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured