Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If I cant have this baby by Monday, Tuesday Ill be induced! Scared & Needing Advice.

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

I will be 39 weeks on this upcoming tuesday. My doctor said I will have to have her then because of medical reasons. He said I will be induced on tuesday morning unless I have my daughter before then. I have heard bad things about the meds they use to induce you with and i asked my doctor if they would hurt the baby or me in anyway and he said no that ill be alot safer being induced than if not. Had anyone else been induced if so what is it like, and are your babies healthy? Also any ideas on how to safely naturally induce labor or start contrations so i can maybe go into labor before i have to be induced...i am so scared that if im induced something may go wrong :/

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle.ana
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

What medical reasons is he giving you? He can't induce you without your permission and he can't make you agree to it. There is NO reason to induce unless you or baby are in danger, and that is rare. My doctor wanted to induce me at 40 weeks with my last pregnancy for 'medical reasons', mainly that it was more convenient for him, and he said baby would probably be too big if I waited longer. I refused and went into labor on my own at 40 weeks and had a baby that weighed less than 7 pounds, he wasn't big in the least. You can't really induce labor on your own, your body will when you and baby are ready. You can try nipple stimulation, walking, sex, but again, nothing will start labor before your body and your baby are ready. 

MrsSexyCurtains
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I was induced at 40 weeks and it went smoothly for me. Was in labor 11 hours, got the epidural at 4 and she's a healthy 7 year old. Everybody will have a different experience good or bad but mine went good.
SmithMom22
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I have low water and i have had several complications with this pregnancy and gone into preterm labor once and had it stopped. Also my previous pregnancy I almost died and had to have blood transfutions for three days afterwards. I have several medical problems invoving my heart, and nervous system that have been going on since I was in elementry school, so there is reasons for the safety of both me and her.

Quoting sparkle.ana:

What medical reasons is he giving you? He can't induce you without your permission and he can't make you agree to it. There is NO reason to induce unless you or baby are in danger, and that is rare. My doctor wanted to induce me at 40 weeks with my last pregnancy for 'medical reasons', mainly that it was more convenient for him, and he said baby would probably be too big if I waited longer. I refused and went into labor on my own at 40 weeks and had a baby that weighed less than 7 pounds, he wasn't big in the least. You can't really induce labor on your own, your body will when you and baby are ready. You can try nipple stimulation, walking, sex, but again, nothing will start labor before your body and your baby are ready. 

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I was induced with my first. I was 38w and was induced due to his size and my bp. No complications from the meds. My issues, I believe, arose simply from the fact that he was not ready to come. I should have had a csection...it would have been easier on both of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SmithMom22
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Where your contractions very painful? How many days were you in the hospital afterwards? Im just trying to prepair myself.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

I was induced with my first. I was 38w and was induced due to his size and my bp. No complications from the meds. My issues, I believe, arose simply from the fact that he was not ready to come. I should have had a csection...it would have been easier on both of us.

joywalz
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
There is always castor oil...you can tey evening primrose oil tabs by inserting them into your vagina and letting them soften up..I know that sounds gross but it helps to dialate. I have had two medical inductions..they were fine and babies were safe. I reccomend the epideral bc I did it once with out bc I was trying to be tuff..but damn that hurt!! Best of luck to you!!
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No. they started the pitocin at 9:30am and the contrax were fine until they broke my water at noon. They immediately got intense so I had my epidural.

My son was born at 8:30pm on Sunday and I went home on Tuesday. I had a bad tear so they kept the catheter in for 24 hours after delivery.

Quoting SmithMom22:

Where your contractions very painful? How many days were you in the hospital afterwards? Im just trying to prepair myself.

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

With my last child, I was induced.  I was induced with cervadil since my cervix wasn't very thin.  It helped thin it out and it started up contractions too.  Overall, I didn't want to be induced (I was bawling walking into L&D...but, I was 42 weeks and baby needed to be evicted), but it ended up to be a good experience.

Wishing you the best, mama!

Bailee2b
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 10 days overdue and was induced.  The pitocin made the contractions hurt like crazy but my labor was smooth and i had her within 12 hours.  I was so afraid that the epidural would wear off that I waited a lot longer than I should have.  I tried every trick out there to go into labor on my own and none of them worked.  Good luck!  I hope that baby decided to come on its own but if not I'm sure everything will be okay!

sburger315
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to be induced with my first (DS). The drugs definetly affect the baby (IMO). He was so so so tired and would always sleep! When we had DD (baby #2), I wasn't induced. She was wide awake and ready to go! There was a huge difference between them. 

They are both perfectly healthy, my son has no issues with health.

Good luck Mama, I'm sure you'll be fine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN