Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Mountain Dew and pregnancy

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 11 Replies

Ok, I admit I drink a 12 oz can of mountain dew not even daily. Some weeks it may be more days than others. The mg on the can says 55. I was told up to 200 mg was ok daily. But at my OB appt today, my fiance blurted out that I drink mountain dew and I was all of a sudden made to feel like I was the worst pregnant mom on the planet. What has been your experience? 

by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandie1470
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I will admit when I have soda I pay no attention to caffeine mg or cals. I only get soda when I go out to eat though. I'm sure everything is and will be fine from it
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

All in moderation--I still drank it when pregnant. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I drink either 12 or 20 oz of Mountain Dew every night at work because I work 7a-7p and I need te caffeine boost. I just don't tell my midwife :/
Rosehawk
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

With my other two, I was told a 20oz or two a week was fine. If you're drinking a 2 liter every day, that's a problem, but in moderation is fine.

Sadly, with this pregnancy, BOTH of my favorite drinks (Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper) are giving me some of the WORST heartburn. Hopefully that will change at my next appointment when I ask for a prescription for heartburn. I had one with the other two too.

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I drink pop every day. Keep it under 200 mg or so a day and you are fine. My doc just said dont go crazy and drink like a whole case of pop a day.

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

i am a bad mom...i also drink about a 2 litter every 2 days...if it wasnt for the caffine i would be soo miserable...doc said to go back to drinking coffee but i choose mt. dew.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Uhura
by Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Well that wasn't right to make you feel bad about it. Everything in moderation..including moderation. I probably have one or two cans per week, sometimes a little more.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

sparkle.ana
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I drink caffeine. I limit it while pregnant, and even when not, because I breastfeed, but I don't cut it out. I don't drink soda often, I drink coffee and capuchino. I've had three healthy babies and my doctors have never said anything about it besides don't go overboard. 

Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My midwife actually recommended it to me last week. I came in with horrible migraines that had been going on for three days. She told me to go home, drink some mountain dew and tylenol and lay down. It helped a lot! 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Like everyone else has said; everything in moderation! You shouldn't feel bad because of that... you're well below the recommended max. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)