Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many of you have been pregnant...

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 36 Replies
When you used a condom?

I'm trying to prove to my sister that condoms are effective. The kid is 18 and her boyfriend is a low life saying he wants her to get pregnant. While I know you can get pregnant while using a condom, I'm now curious who has.
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Bump!
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

ME! condoms have been a very shitty birth controll method for me !  baby number one 16 weeks. my husband and i have always used condoms and i got pregnant ... although i was ready for this baby cause i wanted a baby !.... i wouldnt recomond condoms as a birth controll for everyone ! there are more effective things out there . and condoms are 99 % effective so there is that 1 % chance of pregnancy ... although i think that 1 % is bullshit and should be higher .

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:59 PM
But if you're using the condom correctly you'd think it'd be somewhat effective?

Quoting Newmumtobe44:

ME! condoms have been a very shitty birth controll method for me !  baby number one 16 weeks. my husband and i have always used condoms and i got pregnant ... although i was ready for this baby cause i wanted a baby !.... i wouldnt recomond condoms as a birth controll for everyone ! there are more effective things out there . and condoms are 99 % effective so there is that 1 % chance of pregnancy ... although i think that 1 % is bullshit and should be higher .

Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

i think it depends using condoms correctly doesnt mean there going to be effective.....  like i said we have used them the whole time we have been married and datiing and this is the first pregnancy we have ever encounterd. so i wouldnt say that.  It can come out of the sides of  condom the condom can break
.... ect...  after i found out i  was pregnant.. my dr said its not uncommon... in my case the condom broke . so i dunno if it works it works... everyone different . but getting someone pregnant at 18 is deff never a great option...  but for using a condom and it doesnt break or have an malfunctions i would say there fine to use as birth controll.. but there that chance that they can break  and the sperm can come out.

Quoting kbornman21:

When you used a condom?

I'm trying to prove to my sister that condoms are effective. The kid is 18 and her boyfriend is a low life saying he wants her to get pregnant. While I know you can get pregnant while using a condom, I'm now curious who has.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM
We have used condoms for almost 9 years. We have never been pregnant when we didn't plan to be. Dh isn't super great at getting it on right away. We are very fertile. We planned this pregnancy and it happened in two months. Condoms have worked very well for us.
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:10 PM

from my experience theres better things out there. .....  im just glad i was ready for this baby and a decent age and married before i did get pregnant.

SmithMom22
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My first child it was our first time and we used a condom and got pregnant. This is baby #2 im about to have and we didnt have a condom but i was on birth conrol and got pregnant. Nothing seems to work for us lol.

MzKhan86
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:16 PM
They've been effective for me but birth control hasnt.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Nothing is 100%. If you're having sex, have a uterus and ovaries, it's possible.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I used condoms after my second and my doctor told me with average use (most guys don't put them on correctly) the failure is as high as 28%. Using a spermicide helps decrease the failure rate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)