Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

inlove but whats best for. the baby

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 12 Replies
I love the father of my unborn child.
But we obviously. Cant be together
My dream was to raise my chidren as a family but i hav. To think of whats best for my child not what i want anymore. !
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joshsmommy23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
You don't have to be with the father to raise your child. The father left me. And I'm still going to raise this baby. Plus it's my third child
Hopen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I hope you get the answers you want and need! I don't know how people give up on their children, it seems to happen a lot. A friend of mine is going through the same thing you are...I know from seeing her posts all the time that it is not easy! : (  Congrats on your miracle!

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a single mom with my first one.

Being healthy, and happy is a better environment for raising a child, then being stressed out and worried or fighting all the time.

If you can't work it out and the two of you are not good together relationship wise, there's no reason you cannot part as friends and still be the parents of the baby together, even if your not dating or in a relationship together.

All I can say though is my life was easier because my ex wanted nothing to do with the baby if I didn't want him, so it allowed my future husband to adopt him.

There are some men who are meant to be good fathers, they sometimes make excellent partners, and sometimes, they make better friends, then lovers. You won't always know what kind of man you got until you have the baby in your arms and faced with the reality of what a baby is actually like to raise.

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

why can't you be together? you CAN raise a child by yourself, and if you truly feel you can't there are MANY families out there waiting for such an amazing gift.

mommytoobe2014
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I never said i wouldnt raise my child.
I will raise my child i know its not going to be easy. But i decided. To be grown and lay there not i step up to my responsibilitys .
I know am going to be a good mother regardless if i have him helping me or not.

Quoting Larsbug:

why can't you be together? you CAN raise a child by yourself, and if you truly feel you can't there are MANY families out there waiting for such an amazing gift.

WifeySlymm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Why can't you be together.....

mommytoobe2014
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
He has 2 kids already and hes an amazing father.
I would never denie him his rights.
I just really want a family
But the fighting. Is non stop
That is what i dont want.
Especially.when the baby gets here !

Quoting kajira:

I was a single mom with my first one.

Being healthy, and happy is a better environment for raising a child, then being stressed out and worried or fighting all the time.

If you can't work it out and the two of you are not good together relationship wise, there's no reason you cannot part as friends and still be the parents of the baby together, even if your not dating or in a relationship together.

All I can say though is my life was easier because my ex wanted nothing to do with the baby if I didn't want him, so it allowed my future husband to adopt him.

There are some men who are meant to be good fathers, they sometimes make excellent partners, and sometimes, they make better friends, then lovers. You won't always know what kind of man you got until you have the baby in your arms and faced with the reality of what a baby is actually like to raise.

mommytoobe2014
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Theres to muc . Fighting.
And hes not happy. He wants his old life
The pregnancy. So far ive been the only one excitted and doing what needs to be taken care of for the baby.

Quoting WifeySlymm:

Why can't you be together.....

sparkle.ana
by Ana on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Exactly. That is what being a mother is all about, doing what is best for your child. You don't cease to exist, but once you've decided to bring a baby into the world, your needs do take a backseat.
Devious103102
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM

You don't have to be with the father of your child to give your child a good family. Sometimes it works out better that way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured