Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My friend is thinking about abortion

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
  • 16 Replies
Well she's not really my friend I am older then her and have been like a go too or someone she can talk to , well she has a 9 month old she is 18 and she found out she's pregnant again, she lives with her mom and is in like an apprenticeship were she learns and gets paid to me it's good because she was stripping at first , but she's pregnant by the guy she had her first with and he doesn't help her , she wants to finish school and she knows he won't help , but at the same time she wants to keep the baby but she said she can't see herself with two babies , she's not sure if mom would help she hasn't told her, but she seems more on abortion. I want to talk her out but I don't feel it's my place I want her to think about the life she's carrying but I also want her to think about the life she has here with her son I feel like I just can't tell her what to do just because I wouldn't we're two different people, I just told her I'm here to talk and would pray for her. The sad thing is I really thought I was prolife but now I feel so different about it all, I wish she never told me . Vent over.
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a tough spot. I've always been pro choice but anti-abortion in terms of using it to clean up your mess. I have a hard time with people making the same mistakes over and over and then using abortion as a way out. It's not the baby's fault that Mommy is a slow learner. However, I also firmly believe that I don't have the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to their own body. I do get judgmental (my biggest character struggle) but also really try to remember that I've never walked in their shoes. I think what you've said to her has been great. I think she should talk to her mom and explore every avenue before choosing to end a life but, in the end, she has to make her choice. I really really hope she learns to protect herself from now on...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I forgot to mention she was in the depo shot and got pregnant , she really doesn't have the support and knowledge that some women/girls are given about birth controls and our bodies she didn't even know what hcg was or that you should still use condoms on bc

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

That's a tough spot. I've always been pro choice but anti-abortion in terms of using it to clean up your mess. I have a hard time with people making the same mistakes over and over and then using abortion as a way out. It's not the baby's fault that Mommy is a slow learner. However, I also firmly believe that I don't have the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do to their own body. I do get judgmental (my biggest character struggle) but also really try to remember that I've never walked in their shoes. I think what you've said to her has been great. I think she should talk to her mom and explore every avenue before choosing to end a life but, in the end, she has to make her choice. I really really hope she learns to protect herself from now on...

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Child support of he doesn't help. Help her figure it out or at least point her in the right direction. She CAN do it. She probably never imagined life with her 18mo but she couldn't imagine life without him now.. it will be the same for this baby.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM
He's 9 months and shes 18 and child support is nothing without a job he sells drugs , although I see all these options and feel the same I can't tell her what to do see me id just struggle but I'm a strong person.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Child support of he doesn't help. Help her figure it out or at least point her in the right direction. She CAN do it. She probably never imagined life with her 18mo but she couldn't imagine life without him now.. it will be the same for this baby.

sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM
It isn't your place. It is her body and completley her choice. Only she knows what is right for her, and sometimes abortion is the right choice.
sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Just try to talk to her about birth control after this, no matter how it ends.
cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I just said that ....

Quoting sparkle.ana:

It isn't your place. It is her body and completley her choice. Only she knows what is right for her, and sometimes abortion is the right choice.

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM
She got pregnant with this one on the depo I talked to her about all contraceptives though

Quoting sparkle.ana:

Just try to talk to her about birth control after this, no matter how it ends.

sparkle.ana
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was agreeing with you...

Quoting cheetah90210:

I just said that ....

Quoting sparkle.ana:

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, your best bet is to stay out of it. She's going to do what she wants no matter what you say, especially if her chosen partner is such a low-life, odds are she's not going to think rationally, or reasonably about the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)