Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how early do you pack?

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 33 Replies
I need to vacuum van install carseat and put hospital bags in van but im only 34weeks this week. BUT based on previous pregnancies and how this one is going i think ill do it this week.
Have you done these things(maybe not the vacuuming bit but mine really needs it w/ 2 other little ones lol) yet or when r u planning to do so?
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I usually pack at 35 weeks, which is pointless. In future pregancies i'll ideally be homebirthing but if not, i'll pack at 38 weeks.

Devious103102
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

With DD1 I packed my bag around 38wks. With DD2 I had it backed at 33 weeks since I kept going into preterm labor and was told I wouldn't make it past 36 (I ended up delivering at exactly 42wks, HA!), with DD3 & DD4 I packed my bag around 37wks and DS was a home birth so I didn't need to pack, but I started getting things "set up" around 37wks. 

MichaelsCasey
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I don't have my bag fully packed until I am in labor. I have what I need for baby but most of what I pack I use on a daily basis. I have a running list in my head of what I need. :)
pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I have a bag packed since 33wks. Just because I ended up having ds at 32w.6d
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I've packed most of the things, but the carseat is still not installed. 36 weeks.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I plan on packing at the beginning of February (34/35 weeks). I have blood pressure issues, so I figure I better be safe and not sorry! We'll probably install the base for the carseat sometime around then as well.

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM

i delivered #2 in my 36th week.  i'm due may 4th so i'll make sure i have a bag partially ready at the beginning of april.  our hospital is 5 mins away so i can throw something together quickly or my hubby can easily run back and forth if necessary

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Were also about 4mi from our hospital and my previous pregnancies were 36weekers. I actually just pulled out my other two kidses carseats to wash them with the baby seat too lol. Might as well right?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

i delivered #2 in my 36th week.  i'm due may 4th so i'll make sure i have a bag partially ready at the beginning of april.  our hospital is 5 mins away so i can throw something together quickly or my hubby can easily run back and forth if necessary

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

that's one thing we still need to do...car seat.  after i get my dd moved to her new room, i'll repaint the nursery and then we'll go into the garage and pull out all the baby gear.  i'm pretty sure our infant seat is expired now but we need to get it down from the rafters to check.  i still have some time but i'm trying to get all of the tasks done in the next month or 2 so i can just sit around and be huge and lazy at the end!!!

Quoting krusesbaby: Were also about 4mi from our hospital and my previous pregnancies were 36weekers. I actually just pulled out my other two kidses carseats to wash them with the baby seat too lol. Might as well right?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Lol i SO should have done that! Especially cuz my 36weeks is the week before christmas. Oh well itll be dry and installed in the next hour. I am pretty sure its not expired. Only 3yrs old dont they expire at like 6years?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

that's one thing we still need to do...car seat.  after i get my dd moved to her new room, i'll repaint the nursery and then we'll go into the garage and pull out all the baby gear.  i'm pretty sure our infant seat is expired now but we need to get it down from the rafters to check.  i still have some time but i'm trying to get all of the tasks done in the next month or 2 so i can just sit around and be huge and lazy at the end!!!

Quoting krusesbaby: Were also about 4mi from our hospital and my previous pregnancies were 36weekers. I actually just pulled out my other two kidses carseats to wash them with the baby seat too lol. Might as well right?

Quoting Luvmy2babies22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN