Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Dates off? Anyone else run in to this issue and your were in fact right?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

SOOO... the more I think on it, the more I think my dates are OFF!!.. I know I wasn't tracking my periods regularly (for those that do not know, I had my tubes tied.. so tracking my periods month to month wasn't high on my priority list) BUT I did know if I had one that month or not.. as far as if it was exactly the same amount of days (28-30)apart, IDK. BUT! The last period I had was in September. MIDDLE of September. Even if I ovulated late.. wouldn't it have still be in SEPTEMBER?? According to the dates they've given me, it was like the later in the first week of October. On another note, my poor DH and I were not very "active" over the last several months so the window for all of this to have happened was SLIM like literally 2 times that whole month and only once IN October whic was later in October (like the 11th cause we had gone on a date) anyway.. backing up a bit. My last Period I can almost swear to you, was around the 15th of September.. Beyond dates, what has me wondering is that several ladies in my pregnancy due date groups have gone in for sono's at 7weeks (plus x amount of days) and some haven't even found anything but a yolk sack... I had a peanut in there at supposedly 7wks3days and When I found out I was pregnant they had me go to the ER and they found the baby on an old abdominal ER sono machine, then it was in more detail during the vag sono. At this time I would have been EXACTLY only 5weeks. . . . ahh. . . I know sono's are not accurate . . and they can be behind or ahead of what is really going on. . I just don't know lol.. not sure the point to all of my post here, but other than maybe some imput on how you would be thinking? Also, my hcg was in the 2000's when I went in to the ER, and then it had doubled when I went back in 3 days later.. hmm hmm hmm... according to all my work, I should be due closer to June 24th.. not the 4th of July.. . .

Anyone else end up with their due dates being off by a few weeks?? 

END GIANT RANT! lol

Kourtney: Wife & Mom of 2, Expecting 3rd!! 

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wolfybaby
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

women ovulate at different times. not all of us are the regular 14 days after the start of our period type. doctor offices go by that standard, though. 

i know for a fact when i ovulated, and it was 20-21 days after the start of my period. so im a week off of what my chart says i am at the ob office. and even despite my 12- and 20-week ultrasounds showing that 1 week delay, it remains so. irritating, but oh well. im not one to worry about numbers. if i go, by their information, into my 41'st week of pregnancy, im not going to bat an eye. im not going to freak out and get induced. i will go into week 42 and some days before even considering an induction. 

babies grow at different rates as it is, and they come at different times. dont worry about it! dont state at your EDD the entire pregnancy. focus on who actually makes that decision to arrive: baby!

lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. I know the day I olvulated... they told me I was a week behind. I am having my OB do another ultrasound because I know they were off and if I get any bigger I am going to have a herniated navel. I'm 36 weeks not 35
KKzHappyWith2
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Yeah! Like I get everyone O's different but to say I O'd 2 weeks later than to get preg when we didn't even "do it"... Kinda a tough one to swollow lol.. Hopefully I'll get a new scan before too long & things will measure different.. Whoooooo knows :)
I hadn't gotten to see my a ACTUAL ob yet (just her NP) so maybe after I speak with her on the 10th she will listen to me better.. I'm 9wks 4days today... I'm thinking I'm really closer to 11-12.. But.. I'm no professional lol so who knows I guess ;)
Wasn't supposed to be preggo, so guess adding immaculate conception goes along with it! (Hahaha! Jk)
Proud-USMC-Wife
by Ashley on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
My last period was October 24. My womanlog pregnancy app as well as a due date calculator estimate me at 6w5d with a due date of July 31st.
The doctor's office estimates that I am in my 5th week with a due date of July 31st... I just started getting morning sickness a few days ago.. the 5th week should be the week I noticed my period didn't come (almost 2 weeks ago...)
mikkosmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
The ultrasound that they do before 13 weeks is the most accurate indicator of how far along you are. Are you scheduled for what they are calling your 12 week ultrasound?
I know my cycle was slightly earlier than the due date they are given me and my 12 wk ultrasound confirmed I was 3-4 days further along... But we kept the other EDD which I am fine with because baby will come when baby comes, and that gives me several days more before they bring up induction.

Now with ds2 the opposite happened, and they put my EDD earlier than I knew I ovulated ( peeing on stick ttc I knew when I ovulated, day 19 not 14). They said EDD oct 24, but I knew if they brought up induction before November 1 I was going to disagree completely. He came on his own Oct 27 which I feel was right in time.

Everything is an estimate anyway and it has been proven that normal gestation is between 38 and 42 weeks, 40 weeks is just the middle ground they put EDD at.
KKzHappyWith2
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM
It may seem petty, but with my dr/hosp being over an hour away I just want to have a better idea of when I'm truly "due"... My 1st came pretty quick, and my 2nd was born less than 2hours after my water broke! lol I have babies in a hurry... Not one for pain, and certainly not one for having a baby on the side of the road! Haha!! I'm not affraif of being induced, ended up going in to he induced with my 1st and 2nd but the 2nd moved on his own (I was over 4cm dialated when I went in.. Was basically all ready in labor).. I just want to be safe :) :)
skitskidaddle
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Theres a small window of time when the dates are accurate: like seven to ten weeks. After that, its hard to tell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)