Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on me :) I've made a decision

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 70 Replies
3 moms liked this

So tomorrow morning at 8 am I will be going to the hospital. My OB is gonna check me and if I'm 80-90% effaced she will break my water and we'll hope labor continues from there. If I fail to progress like with my daughter, we will go the c-section route. But hoping for a VBAC!

Today, I've had some pretty sharp painful contractions and both times I've gone to the bathroom, I had globs of brown discharge. I dont know what that means but I guess we'll see!

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamBlueNPink
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

ooo i hope you have vbac today or tomorrow!!!

cheetah90210
by Mrs.jones on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Idk because your water isn't broke what that means but when my water broke I seen brown discharge and the shortly after it was time to push so it could mean the same for you but not sure haven't experienced that.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

You think it could be the start of my water breaking?

Quoting cheetah90210: Idk because your water isn't broke what that means but when my water broke I seen brown discharge and the shortly after it was time to push so it could mean the same for you but not sure haven't experienced that.

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Could be
My.mucas plug never fully dislodged till after my water broke then it was all "um eewww that is awefull to look at" hehe

Quoting marissabrookee:

You think it could be the start of my water breaking?

Quoting cheetah90210: Idk because your water isn't broke what that means but when my water broke I seen brown discharge and the shortly after it was time to push so it could mean the same for you but not sure haven't experienced that.

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM

awwww YAY!!!!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

mikkosmommy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I know it's been difficult to make a decision and while I am sure you are still hoping for a VBAC (and I am hoping for you too) making a decision may relax you enough to actually go into labor:) I cannot imagine that the stress of all of this has been conducive to your body going into labor!
Good luck and try to just relax!
kcangel63
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought that inducing was a big no no for a VBAC. Is there any medical reason to not just wait?

Good luck. I hope it goes well.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Using pitocin is a no no for VBAC but theyre allowed to break my water if I'm thinned out enough. Theres no medical reason but the c-section is scheduled and they refuse to reschedule it.

Quoting kcangel63: I thought that inducing was a big no no for a VBAC. Is there any medical reason to not just wait?

esox
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM
So glad they didn't push the c-section today! Sounds like you are getting close all on your own!
mikkosmommy
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 4:37 PM
My dr induces VBAC patients (a lot do now ). He says it's better to try that than to go straight for a csection, but he doesn't routinely induce any pregnancy... Just if medically necessary to get baby out.

Quoting kcangel63: I thought that inducing was a big no no for a VBAC. Is there any medical reason to not just wait?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured