Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Stretch Marks

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 12 Replies
Anyone have good ideas on how to prevent them? I have heard Coco butter and coconut oil but this is my first pregnancy so I want to start now and prevent the stretch marks or keep them at a minimum!
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrissy_Lynn
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I've used coco butter for both pregnancies and have not had any stretch marks
charley31
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Don't itch your belly for one thing. I think tho I'm not sure nothing really prevents them. This is my 2nd. I've never used a drop of cream and not a single stretch mark and I've gained 90lbs. My sister used coco butter every night and she got stretch marks.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I'm using cocobutter twice daily, I got them, it all depends in body type and genetics, I got a ton of stretch marks when I started puberty so I figured I'd have them for this too
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I herd its genetics and if u have them u hVe them nothing will prevent them . But u can use things like bio oil to make them less noticeable .
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i've always heard it was a genetic thing.  you either get them or don't.  i've had 2 full pgs and didn't ever do anything but still never got any (gained 48lbs with my first).  i'm 18w2d with #3 and still no sign of them.  my mom never got any either and she had 3 kids.

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I've used nothing with either pregnancy, I don't have any. Several dermatologist have told me OTC stuff doesn't penetrate deep enough to the skin layer that causes stretch marks

It's genetic, the women in my family don't get them. I have a cousin that had 4 kids in 3 years she doesn't have any either
Hopen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I carried quads for 29 weeks, didn't get as big as you'd think though and only had 2 stretch marks on each side...used cocoa butter after each shower...The really thick kind! Dr told me that stuff doesn't work, but I continued to use it...
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Sorry hun nothing works, you'll get them or you won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kalahrae
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Thank you ladies! My mom and sisters never got stretch marks so if it's mostly genetics I should be good. I will probably try and keep nice and moisturized just in case!
hannaahmaay
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:16 PM
You can't prevent them but you can help the appearance of them if you do end up with them. Don't itch your tummy or your chest, that'll help. I use vitamin e oil and palmers cocoa butter stretch mark lotion, and I can tell it's made a difference for me because I was starting to get a couple on my chest but now they're very faint and not noticeable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)