Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My pregnancy isn't about me, long vent

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
Apparently, I've had it out with my mom and in the end all she can talk about is how HER cousins weren't invited to my shower , how HER feelings were hurt and how SHE has done so much for me but I haven't done a thing for her, and how I'm a "selfish biotch" as well as write a super long post about me on Facebook playing the victim.

To catch up my df and sisters threw me a surprise shower, they gave my mom a months head notice, my dad declined instantly, and my mom declined as well as revenge then used her mini vaca as an excuse . Her mini vaca was a HALF hour away from the venue of the shower in my eyes that's no excuse to miss your only daughters baby shower that you weren't even asked to chip in for. Her cousins weren't invited due to none of them talk to me, df doesn't know them, he knows my aunt grandma brother mom and dad so he invited all of them. In the past she wanted to throw me a shower but she chose a venue I don't like asked us to pay for half then told us who we could and couldn't invite even if we paid so naturally I told her forget it well plan it out and pay if necessary. I'm so fed up with the bs , and to make it worse she broadcasts it on Facebook whenever we have a fight , so today I outed her and of course her sister sticks up for her and tells me to stop it. I'm so fed up with this this is supposed to be my time in life and supposed to be happy and she makes me feel shitty and horrible at every turn . I'm done at this point I don't want her to even talk to me. The downside I have my babies stroller at her house I'm trying to find a way to get it without seeing her. Anyways thanks for the rant, this is really driving me nuts
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
esox
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
That is too sad :( Sorry she feels so entitled to suck all the little joys out of your pregnancy.
If I were a distant cousin and didn't really talk to the mother to be I think it would feel awkward to be invited to the shower. Like the only reason to be invited was because someone was looking for another handout.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Dontbubhate how much drama is stured up with having a baby. Hubs parents are divorced and his dad is always trying to out do his mom and they are both well off. So his mom buys a stroller his dad buys some super high tech $1000 doller one. His mom buys a crib. His dad buys an entire furniture set. His mom throes a baby shower his dad is throwing some extravagant black suit and tie baby shower it's never ending.

Quoting rwcw89: Apparently, I've had it out with my mom and in the end all she can talk about is how HER cousins weren't invited to my shower , how HER feelings were hurt and how SHE has done so much for me but I haven't done a thing for her, and how I'm a "selfish biotch" as well as write a super long post about me on Facebook playing the victim.

To catch up my df and sisters threw me a surprise shower, they gave my mom a months head notice, my dad declined instantly, and my mom declined as well as revenge then used her mini vaca as an excuse . Her mini vaca was a HALF hour away from the venue of the shower in my eyes that's no excuse to miss your only daughters baby shower that you weren't even asked to chip in for. Her cousins weren't invited due to none of them talk to me, df doesn't know them, he knows my aunt grandma brother mom and dad so he invited all of them. In the past she wanted to throw me a shower but she chose a venue I don't like asked us to pay for half then told us who we could and couldn't invite even if we paid so naturally I told her forget it well plan it out and pay if necessary. I'm so fed up with the bs , and to make it worse she broadcasts it on Facebook whenever we have a fight , so today I outed her and of course her sister sticks up for her and tells me to stop it. I'm so fed up with this this is supposed to be my time in life and supposed to be happy and she makes me feel shitty and horrible at every turn . I'm done at this point I don't want her to even talk to me. The downside I have my babies stroller at her house I'm trying to find a way to get it without seeing her. Anyways thanks for the rant, this is really driving me nuts
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Thank you! The point of the shower was for the two families to meet therefore I wanted guys and girls there not so much for gifts. We have no problem providing for our own it was just a celebration and a meet and greet but some people don't get it. These family are probably offended I didn't have a shower to invite but I seriously haven't seen it heard from them in 8years except when one of them had a kid and that was it

Quoting esox: That is too sad :( Sorry she feels so entitled to suck all the little joys out of your pregnancy.

If I were a distant cousin and didn't really talk to the mother to be I think it would feel awkward to be invited to the shower. Like the only reason to be invited was because someone was looking for another handout.
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 9:34 PM
My mom is always a victim too. A couple of weeks ago my cousin. Made a post about me running my mouth(i wasnt) anyways my mom some how turned it around to be all about her. I talked it out with my cousin like a big girl and my mom went and threw a fit send mean messages and making post on facebook that made it look like my cousin. Was talking. About her. Grr

Anyways not much you can do with people like that. Sorry.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Mobile Photo

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Mobile Photo

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)