Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

#4! Not sure of how to announce or if we should even bother.

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 251 Replies
2 moms liked this
1st, 2nd, and 3rd were all seemingly welcomed additions. While DH & I are happy about #4, I was warned by my (tactless) FIL that it's not wanted after my SIL announced hers. It came about with my saying that I had been craving the dessert that my MIL had made that day and it was said without skipping a beat, so I tend to think that he's totally serious and they really don't want anymore babies from us. I could understand if they were helping us in any way, but they're not. We are totally independent and rely on 0 assistance, so I'm really struggling to see what the problem is. My family knows and while I was met with some disgust from my grandmother, everyone else was great about it. I'm actually debating not telling my ILs at all and letting them figure it out on their own. SIL asks if I'm "riding that boat again" every time I see her, I'd love to have a super snarky comeback, but I'm not that quick of a thinker >.< Would you tell them or just wait it out?
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle.ana
by Ana on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd tell them. They will obviously find out eventually, this way they are totally shocked by a belly or a baby and you know they are going to know, so you can mentally prepare for any comments.
azn_ladie82
by Melissa on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't let them rain on your parade. I would announce it just to smack them in the face with it. Lol! I'm pregnant with our 4th. I was nervous to announce ours only because I made it well known we were done after 3 boys. I was in school fulltime and I finally got my youngest into school. When we did tell everyone they were pretty excited. Good luck with your announcement.
mimanchibella
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm okay with the shock factor for them, honestly. We know, and our littles will find out on Christmas, so the key players in this game of life will all know (Christmas, they'll get a gift from their new sibling, probably a bottle full of their favorite candy, some sweets from their new sweetie). We've never had the best relationship with them, but in the past few years, it's been on the mend. We're all civil, snark thrown in from all parties, but civil and the kids love them, which is probably the only reason that I bother making an attempt. They're just so much different than what I'm used to and my husband ran from them as fast as he could when they kicked him out for dating me (oh, the story there! LOL My grandmother was getting accusatory phone calls, insisting that I was a druggie), and he didn't look back until we were expecting our first and I forced the "grandparents are important" card on him. All of that fun history aside, I don't care if they're left with their jaws on the floor from this one. It's not a debatable thing, and the potential negativity doesn't seem worth it.

The criticism that I caught from my grandmother was sort of expected, though I had to tell her due to everyone else knowing first. It was only a matter of time before it got back to her and her concerns were primarily based around the fact that I have awful pregnancies (weekly progesterone injections, diagnosed incompetent cervix, swelling that keeps me out of flip flops) and that my last baby came so fast that we didn't even make it to the hospital. Mr. A was born along side the road in the back of an ambulance and you'd have swore that it was the most horrific thing in the world. lol She means well, but I question that about my ILs. From history speaking, I know we're in some hot water and I've been doing well avoiding stress recently, I'd like to continue without negativity, for my own sanity.

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM
5 moms liked this
Id tell ppl if you want, or dont and wait for them to figure it out themselves. You are having a baby for you and your family, not for them. Id tell em to bugg off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:31 PM
5 moms liked this
I would make it a big announcement just so they can see your excited. And if they aren't to bad for them.
MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd wait and let them figure it out basically, that's what I'm doing if I'm preggers this month. 

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM
7 moms liked this
I'd make a general announcement and not go out of my way to tell them in any special way. Eff that! They can find out with everyone else with that attitude.
I don't even understand why family memebera have that attitude qhen you're the provider and they just get to love on those babies! Such a shame.
Good luck mama.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
6 moms liked this
Id do something totally cool from pinterest just because!
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell them.. Why should they care? It's your baby, your family. They'll get over it

diaperstodating
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured