Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Gender scan

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have my gender ultrasound scan tomorrow and I'm afraid that I will be disappointed in the gender. I already have a 17 month old dd and would love to have a son. I know that I will be ok with the sex eventually, but I am afraid I might cry tomorrow. Any advice on how to be ok with whatever sex my baby is?
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

???? i guess just focusing on the fact that it's your baby regardless of what's between its legs...

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
There is no advice on that. You'll just have to deal with it and let time do it's thing. Hoping for a boy for you!
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Just be happy u have a healthy baby coming
nancyjc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Just concentrate on what matters most a healthy baby?

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Bump
rebekahmuse
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm shocked at the snotty responses! It's normal to have gender disappointment. Especially if you're not planning on having any more. You know you'll love whatever God gives you but can't help but want a particular sex. I felt so bad when I got pregnant after my first I wanted a girl so bad. I miscarried. I carried that guilt around that maybe God took my baby because I wasn't grateful. I know that's not why but I couldn't help but think that. So I really was happy with either sex next time around and we found out we were having another boy. This will be my third and last baby. I would like a girl but God knows what I can handle so I'm putting my trust in him. Everyone else around me is definitely rooting for a girl and telling me they "know" it's a girl. I'm just expecting a boy so if we do have a girl it will be a nice surprise but I'm mentally prepared not to be disappointed if I have a boy. Does that make sense?

NvmbrBean29
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I don't think the women who responded above meant to be "snotty" I would say the same thing. You can't change what gender the baby is. So, if there is absolutely no way of changing it, just be thankful your baby is healthy, and be happy that she could even get pregnant. There are hundreds of women on this site who have been trying to get pregnant for months, even years. I'm sure those women wouldn't be picky about the sex of their baby, they'll just be thankful they even got pregnant to begin with.
Quoting rebekahmuse:

I'm shocked at the snotty responses! It's normal to have gender disappointment. Especially if you're not planning on having any more. You know you'll love whatever God gives you but can't help but want a particular sex. I felt so bad when I got pregnant after my first I wanted a girl so bad. I miscarried. I carried that guilt around that maybe God took my baby because I wasn't grateful. I know that's not why but I couldn't help but think that. So I really was happy with either sex next time around and we found out we were having another boy. This will be my third and last baby. I would like a girl but God knows what I can handle so I'm putting my trust in him. Everyone else around me is definitely rooting for a girl and telling me they "know" it's a girl. I'm just expecting a boy so if we do have a girl it will be a nice surprise but I'm mentally prepared not to be disappointed if I have a boy. Does that make sense?

cheetah90210
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I'd ask for them to put the gender in an envelope and you and your dh open at home or something so you can just focus on the baby not gender at the ultrasound.
joywalz
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
I have two girls and am pregnant with my third girl. I was so sure it would be my son bc I really wanted one, when they told me girl I was pretty sad and cried. Having theee girls will be great. Now when I foind out I was having my second girl I wasnt sad bc I think its great to have 2 little girls, they can share things and iy is really sweet to see them play as sisters.
MzKhan86
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I think it is ok to be a little disappointed but you will get over it. Ppl always say you should be grateful to even be able to have children and I'm sure you feel that way. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN