Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Braxton Hicks?

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 9 Replies
This is my first successful pregnancy. I am currently 30w3d and am experiencing what I think are braxton hicks. They are uncomfortable and painful. I've only had about three of them all day today but they seem to last a long while. Do they sound like braxton hicks or something else? I was also thinking about ligament pain. But it's more of a tightening feeling then a painful stretch.
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Yep those are BH. They will get stronger and you will have alot more to come. Asl long as you dont have like 10 in a hour you are good. Just keep hydrated. :) I get them atleast 5x or more a day with the cramping. 

CafeMom Tickers
Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I've never had BH hurt.  They tighten your stomach and can sometimes take your breath away, though.  Maybe work on getting baby positioned well and it could alleviate any pain you're experiencing.

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

yep they are braxton hicks stay hydrated that helps some but its also just a natural part of pregnancy.

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
How can I get him positioned better?

Because I think it's a mixture of BH and him being balled up in a bad place.

Quoting Heather2001:

I've never had BH hurt.  They tighten your stomach and can sometimes take your breath away, though.  Maybe work on getting baby positioned well and it could alleviate any pain you're experiencing.

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Thank you! Good to know. :)

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Yep those are BH. They will get stronger and you will have alot more to come. Asl long as you dont have like 10 in a hour you are good. Just keep hydrated. :) I get them atleast 5x or more a day with the cramping. 

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I never knew pregnancy was so uncomfortable lol. Thank you!

Quoting Chaos1229:

yep they are braxton hicks stay hydrated that helps some but its also just a natural part of pregnancy.

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i didn't either the first time around

Quoting samsanders: I never knew pregnancy was so uncomfortable lol. Thank you!

Quoting Chaos1229:

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth - John F. Kennedy 

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Check around on spinningbabies.com for things you can do.  Also, chiropractors that specialize in pregnancy adjustments can do wonders!

Quoting samsanders: How can I get him positioned better?

Quoting Heather2001:

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Alright a awesome! Thanks

Quoting Heather2001:

Check around on spinningbabies.com for things you can do.  Also, chiropractors that specialize in pregnancy adjustments can do wonders!

Quoting samsanders: How can I get him positioned better?

Quoting Heather2001:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN