Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

biscuits and gravy FAIL

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 37 Replies

Mobile Photo

I have been Craving biscuits and gravy. So I decided to make some... but my biscuits don't have baking powder because we didn't have any. So I had to improvise. .. lol just say the biscuits were doughie. And about to Burn. Gravy wasn't bad. But was a total fail. SO thought it was discussting

Well I've never had it before. And I'm in canada and haven't.heard of a place where i live that serves it. So i had very little idea as to what i was doing lol
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
julainepw
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Oh geez. Baking soda may have worked. Honestly it doesn't look great.
pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I know :( lol

Quoting julainepw: Oh geez. Baking soda may have worked. Honestly it doesn't look great.
Nickysnooks
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM

As much bad media as Paula Deen getsw shes my favorite cook. Her recipes have never dissapointed me. Biscuits take major skill lol It took me maybe 20 times to finally get the technique down. I think you did a great job for your first try lol

pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Lol thsnks

Quoting Nickysnooks:

As much bad media as Paula Deen getsw shes my favorite cook. Her recipes have never dissapointed me. Biscuits take major skill lol It took me maybe 20 times to finally get the technique down. I think you did a great job for your first try lol

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I make really good sausage gravy, but I'll be honest.........I buy the biscuits.
abrine7673
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
No it doesn't. I made that mistake once on accident. My dd almost threw up and I cried. (I found out I was pregnant that night)

Quoting julainepw: Oh geez. Baking soda may have worked. Honestly it doesn't look great.
brandie1470
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM
You can make biscuits with self rising flour and water. They aren't bad at all. My mom made them when I was growing up. We didn't have a lot of money so we didn't have a lot of ingredients. Since I have been grown I make them but I put water, milk and butter in them.
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I just use bread when that happens! 

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Oh no!  LOL

miss-karla
by Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Wats biscuits n gravy???
U make cookies n add gravy on top?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN