Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Questions about my Pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

So right now i do not feel like I'm big enough to be six months. I know i am though. my doctors tell me that im six months but i just feel like of small in the belly section. Also is it bad to drink coffee? my doctor said its fine but i am not so sure of it myself. Plus my fiance doesn't help put ease in my mind because he doesnt want me drinking coffee at all. I think i might just be worrying over nothing but then again this is my first pregnancy. augh.... help?

by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elayna90
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
With my first, I didn't know at all until about 6 months. It was a little later than I popped out a little more. It was a whole lot easier to get back into shape woth that pregnancy!
How much coffee are you drinking? If you do something you aren't supposed to your doc will tell you. The subject of coffee os controversial.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Don't worry about how far along you look. :) As long as your doctor isn't concerned and baby is measuring correctly, it's fine! I'm almost 27 weeks and there are time when I wear certain clothes and don't even look pregnant.

As for coffee, it's totally fine. You can have up to 200mg of caffeine a day, so a cup of coffee is no problem. I wouldn't get through some days if I didn't have coffee.
20mommy14
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Some people never look like they gain anything- also, the end months are stretched out. I'm 27 weeks but considered 7 months! Also, I drank coffee like crazy and the doctor says the baby is measuring just fine, he's a little chunky though lol. It's my first pregnancy too, I know how the worrying goes :-). I think around 200mg of caffeine a day is what they say is ok. Do you have a belly pic??
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I still drink coffee. I have with all if my babies. It's fine in moderation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Sounds completely normal:-) I drank coffee with my three previous children and they are healthy. I'm pregnant with my fourth and drink 1-2 cups every morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmumtobe44
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I drink coffee every now and again just don't drive it all day
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 10, 2013 at 11:08 PM

If you are measuring on track, you aren't too small. Usually with your first you don't start to really get big until closer to the end anyway. Small amounts of coffee is fine. If you aren't comfortable with something though, just don't do it.

samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Some women stay very small their entire pregnancy. If your doctor isn't worried then you shouldn't be :) being big is uncomfortable and HURTS, so consider yourself lucky.

Coffee, yes! I have 1-2 cups a day. But I wouldn't have more than that. And if you're drinking other caffeinated drinks I'd cut back even more. I am over 30 weeks and haven't had issues with drinking coffee. It gets baby moving also which is fun! But do what's comfortable for YOU. Not for your husband.
Pagan_Mommy84
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Believe it or not ... some women don't show at all.  Ever heard of that show... "I didn't know I was pregnant?"  The majority shows, but as long as baby is growing like it should and such, you'll be fine :)  And yes, coffee is fine...but moderation is the key.  A cup a day is just fine, as long as you aren't constantly drinking cafeine throught the whole day :) Suggestion...stay away from pop/soda, the acid can give you some killer heartburn =p

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 11, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Coffee is fine in moderation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)