Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Has this ever happen to you?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
So I was sitting on the couch and my DD was being her normal silly self anyways she fell and kneed me right below my belly button now I am having some pain there but nothing to bad. I go to my doctor tomorrow do you think the baby is ok? My DD is about 32-33lbs.
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
misstaylor85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
My son did that to me all the time with my last pregnancy he was 4 at the time it caused me to contract but baby is now a healthy one year old, babies are incredibly protected in there.
samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I'd say you and baby are okay. :) unless it becomes incredibly painful or involves blood I wouldn't worry!
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM
You're more than likely fine, I wouldn't worry.
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:19 AM

She probably just bruised you ... you know when you feel sore in that spot and feel like you have a bruise, but there's no bruise there?  Baby is in a bubble of protection :)  Unless it's a very dramatic impact, you should be fine.  Even women that fall face first and land on their front side and stomach, all that fluid protects the baby.  At most, baby might have felt a roller coaster :)  Let us know what happens at your appt.

otoole
by Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
ds did that to me too when i was 8 months with dd.she was fine. but i was sore for a good while after.
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

It takes a lot for baby to be hurt.  I would think you and baby are just fine.

ParanormalSarah
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I'm sure the baby is fine - the stomach has all that tisssue, fatty tissue, diaphram muscles and padding from the uterus that women can even work and strain out in the fields if need be.  I worked with children and had a few kick and punch me and it worried me to death but everyone said that 'livable wear and tear' is normal and baby is well insulated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN