Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

working pregnant

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 28 Replies
How long do you plan to work? Did or do u plan on stopping and being home? What do you do to juggle pregnancy and your job?

This is my fifth and my first four are from a previous marriage in which I didn't have to work. (Not that 4 under 5 wasnt work lol) I am anxious not sure I can do it.
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samsanders
by Samantha on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I am 31 weeks on Saturday and am planning on working up until he decides to make his grand enters nice, but I am constantly in pain and uncomfortable already, I work at a fast pace restaurant. After he is born I will be quitting and becoming a SAHM. This is our first. But I have always dreamed of being at home with my babies and homeschooling. :)
Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM
I was in my 20s when i had #2  so i worked a full time job & a part time job which wasnt bad i still had energy to do it n my oldest was always with my mom so i kno she was well taken care of, by the time i had #4 i was in my 30s much more draining i only worked a full time time but my commute was an hr each way wich was miserable! Now im 35& on #5 n omg im only wokring 4nites a week n im always exhausted! I jus do what i can and my kids n dh help out alot and if something doesnt get done then it just doesnt cant stress over it. You can do it just try to stay positive.
valrubio
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I was working this pregnancy but stopped during my 7th month. I did work til weeks before my due date with 2 of my other pregnancies. Most of them I didn't work at all.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I had planned to work until 39 weeks, but was put on bed rest at 37 weeks. I'm 38 now. I will be going back to work after 4 months.

Lilmansmom09
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I am 25w and plan on working up until 10 days before my due date. The only reason I'm taking off earlier is because I work in a daycare and tend to go into labor and have my babies fast so we're trying to avoid the whole "My teacher had her baby on the classroom floor today" dilemma. Lol.
Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I plan on going until he is born.

lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I worked right up under labor with both kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lind.shep
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I work late evenings at a restaurant. I'm 24 weeks now, and hope to make it another 10. It's really starting to wear on me, though. I don't get home until 11. Not in bed until 12 or 1. Then up at 6:30 to get dd ready and take her to school. I'm so exhausted I can't see straight. DH just got a promotion and raise, so that makes me feel better about not working after a certain point.
babygriff2014
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I work in food service at hospital . I will stop working at 32 weeks. Only because I won't be able to continue doing parts of my job as I get bigger. This is my first and due march 19.
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I plan to work as close to delivery as possible. I will be taking about 8 weeks off for maternity leave, but then going back to work (hopefully not in the same position for very much longer, but that's a different story). 

The worst part is the fatigue. I have to push myself to get things done when I get home, even though I'm so tired from working all day. Thankfully I have a husband who is more than willing to pitch in. I also keep snacks at my desk, and constantly refill my water, so I make sure I'm eating and drinking enough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured