Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Update: Possible Labor first time mom

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am having constant back pain and it will not go  away no matter what position I move to. I am a first time mom and I don't know what to do. The pain is across my lower back around to my left hip and I am also having pain down there sorry if TMI just need advice 

Update: I had a doctor's appointment today so I called them and they saw me a couple hours early. The back pain he told me was most likely strain on my back but compared to last week I have made some progress and he said he might see me before my next appointment but it depends on the baby and my body. However my cervix is soft and I am 1 1/2 cm dilated but last week I hadn't made any progress so it's a step in the right direction 

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allornone
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Have you tried a bath? Will your doctor allow you to take Advil? 

Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:25 AM

No my fiance is at work and I have trouble getting out of the tub and I am also high risk so I can only take tylenol but that doesn't help 

Quoting allornone:

Have you tried a bath? Will your doctor allow you to take Advil? 

allornone
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Also our bodies release a hormone called relaxin it prepares our body for delievery. Babies head may be going into place. You may look or feel like you are waddling.  If the pain gets to ad it doesn't hurt to call L&D.  Best of luck and remember the prize at the end. :)

Megan214
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM
How far along are you? Is the pain coming in waves? If so, try calling your L&D line. You could also try a heating pad and take Nstads to help. If it gets to where you can no longer stand it then head to the ER to be safe.
:)
You can also call the nurses line to ask their advice!
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Thanks the doctor told me the week before thanksgiving that she had already dropped so the waddling doesn't really bother me it's the fact that I can't see to find a good position to lay in because of my back 

Quoting allornone:

Also our bodies release a hormone called relaxin it prepares our body for delievery. Babies head may be going into place. You may look or feel like you are waddling.  If the pain gets to ad it doesn't hurt to call L&D.  Best of luck and remember the prize at the end. :)

Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I am due in 8 days and I might try calling the doctor's exchange at my doctor's office. Also the back pain is more constant but I was having some stomach pain that was coming in waves but couldn't time them yet 

Quoting Megan214: How far along are you? Is the pain coming in waves? If so, try calling your L&D line. You could also try a heating pad and take Nstads to help. If it gets to where you can no longer stand it then head to the ER to be safe.

mom2be2013397
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I'm 30 weeks and I waddle and my lower back hurts. Idk I take tylenol and muscle relaxers (dr prescribed)
Megan214
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Keep a watch and cell phone on hand. Try laying down and relaxing if you can. Good luck!!

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

I am due in 8 days and I might try calling the doctor's exchange at my doctor's office. Also the back pain is more constant but I was having some stomach pain that was coming in waves but couldn't time them yet 

Quoting Megan214: How far along are you? Is the pain coming in waves? If so, try calling your L&D line. You could also try a heating pad and take Nstads to help. If it gets to where you can no longer stand it then head to the ER to be safe.

Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM

All I want to do is sleep but I am in to much pain. Tylenol doesn't help and the only other thing the doctor has given me is fiorcet for headaches 

Quoting mom2be2013397: I'm 30 weeks and I waddle and my lower back hurts. Idk I take tylenol and muscle relaxers (dr prescribed)

Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:41 AM

thanks I am going to try too

Quoting Megan214: Keep a watch and cell phone on hand. Try laying down and relaxing if you can. Good luck!!

Quoting Mrsjohnson2014:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)