Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Lamaze or other birthing info

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 8 Replies
I can't attend my hospitals lamaze class so im wondering if anyone could reccomend online classes or dvd classis?
.thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Look them up on YouTube! They have everything on there.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I took a hypnobirthing class and you can buy the hypnobirthing book at bookstores (or maybe from the library). It won't be as all-inclusive as the class, but the book is still good!

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Are you planning to go med free? Google birthing videos and birth education videos.
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Are you preferring a particular style or kind of labor/experience?    (you mentioned Lamaze, or natural)
Do you have a doula?   (they offer a lot of that @ your home) 

chrissydan
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
As med free as possible. Going for my first vbac

Quoting iamnameless: Are you planning to go med free? Google birthing videos and birth education videos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrissydan
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I am open to diffrent styles not picky I just want resources.
Dh and I have talked about a doula and he would pefer not to have one which im ok with

Quoting doulala:

Are you preferring a particular style or kind of labor/experience?    (you mentioned Lamaze, or natural)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
healingone
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I highly recommend doing some learning and reading and maybe even getting some help learning self hypnosis.  That would have made all the difference with me!!  Now I can manage all kinds of severe pain with the help of hypnosis, and back then I took Lamaze classes twice and they simply didn't help me relax during the pain.  But I know now that hypnosis is awesome so blessings and prayers going out fo ryou mama!!!

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I collected some info, might be interesting, a little start.    I can offer lts more, just let me know--

:-)

Quoting chrissydan: I am open to diffrent styles not picky I just want resources. 
Dh and I have talked about a doula and he would pefer not to have one which im ok with

Quoting doulala:

Birth Classes

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)