Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your ideal birth experience?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM
  • 68 Replies

If you could have any kind of birth, what would it be?

Mine was with my last one- no interventions, no meds, being able to move freely and push as I felt I needed to. It was really great!

by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CupcakeFairy24
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

That is so wonderful that you were able to go drug free. i really want to but im kinda scared. i must say though after watching the documentary called the bussiness of being born, i am really inspired to try going all natural. im just curious, did you feel helpless and totured during labor? was the pain so bad that you thought you might pass out?

Chaos1229
by Tasha on Dec. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM

a water birth with minimal interventions .

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth - John F. Kennedy 

valrubio
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM
5 moms liked this

The kind where a stork drops the baby on my doorstep.

CmC1307
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

i hated my experience with DD so hopefully this time i will get the experience i want. Im going to a hospital with an all natural holistic birthing center to hopefully do an unmedicated, little intervention water birth ! im so excited ! no drugs, no IV, no forceful pushing, just letting my body do what it was made to do

lonelymommyof2
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I've only ever had c-sections so yeah an easy c-section
Luvmy2babies22
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Just the same as my 2nd.  Early before I'm too uncomfortable, epi just before contrax get too bad, fully dilate quickly, baby is born with just a couple pushes.  I would give birth everyday if I knew it would be like her delivery each time.

SuprMom12042702
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM

To go to bed and wake up with a baby LOL
While I really loved my epidural births (my non epi-birth was traumatic because of the sh*tty doctor), I would love to try another non epi-birth. Completely intervention free, just me and hubby in our bedroom.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Ideally, completely 100% natural. At home, not too long or too fast. I would like to have a calm empowering experience for my last birth. I want to end on a good note and make up for my last birth experience.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I know your questions were directed to the OP, but I have had four all natural births.  I never thought the pain was so bad that I thought I was going to pass out.  The only time the pain was the most trying was during transition, but it only lasts a few contractions.  I just found what worked for the labor and did it.  Some, I walked the halls constantly...and one I found relief in the bathtub with warm water.  I would highly recommend looking into hiring a doula to assist you during labor too.  My doula was amazing for the births which I had her attend.  Good luck!

Quoting CupcakeFairy24:

That is so wonderful that you were able to go drug free. i really want to but im kinda scared. i must say though after watching the documentary called the bussiness of being born, i am really inspired to try going all natural. im just curious, did you feel helpless and totured during labor? was the pain so bad that you thought you might pass out?

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM

My ideal birth experience has been different for each child.  I guess overall I want my wishes at the time and while in labor to be honored which they all have been.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured