Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Babies first heartbeat

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 29 Replies
At how many weeks did you ladies hear a heartbeat?
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CmC1307
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM

6 weeks through vaginal ultrasound

5lilsweetypies
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM
It kinda varies by pregnancy... with my last i heard it the first time i went to the docs BUT i was like 13 weeks already by time i had gotten in... i just had a baby the end of January and periods werent at all normal so by time i found out beginning of June i was pregnant i had no idea how far along i could be..
5lilsweetypies
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM
But earliest was at 8 weeks.

Quoting 5lilsweetypies: It kinda varies by pregnancy... with my last i heard it the first time i went to the docs BUT i was like 13 weeks already by time i had gotten in... i just had a baby the end of January and periods werent at all normal so by time i found out beginning of June i was pregnant i had no idea how far along i could be..
Merino
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM
That makes me feel better cuz Iam 5 weeks and no heartbeat
Rosehawk
by on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and havne't heard it yet. That will be at my next appointment Jan 7th.

I HAVE seen it, and my little manatee/alien waving spastically at me. My first appointment was when I was 9 weeks. The doc did an internal ultrasound. I got to see the screen and saw the heart fluttering nice and healthy, and one little arm bud was waving spastically during the ultrasound.

That was the appointment I walked into at 9 weeks, and walked out of at 10 weeks, based on measurments.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Why not just Google it?

A baby's heartbeat doesn't even start until around the 6th week.

Quoting Merino: That makes me feel better cuz Iam 5 weeks and no heartbeat

Merino
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
I didn't even see fluttering by I think it's just to early

Quoting Rosehawk:

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and havne't heard it yet. That will be at my next appointment Jan 7th.

I HAVE seen it, and my little manatee/alien waving spastically at me. My first appointment was when I was 9 weeks. The doc did an internal ultrasound. I got to see the screen and saw the heart fluttering nice and healthy, and one little arm bud was waving spastically during the ultrasound.

That was the appointment I walked into at 9 weeks, and walked out of at 10 weeks, based on measurments.

Merino
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Thanks .. I did google it

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Why not just Google it?

A baby's heartbeat doesn't even start until around the 6th week.

Quoting Merino: That makes me feel better cuz Iam 5 weeks and no heartbeat

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:08 PM

We could SEE it at my ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days (but were warned that if i was earlier than I thought I was, we wouldn't be able to). We heard it via doppler at my first actual OB appointment, at 11 weeks. :) 

Merino
by Member on Dec. 12, 2013 at 2:09 PM
My doctor just made me feel like something was wrong becuz she kept saying I wish or I should of seen a beat but nothing it was more negative things then postive ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)