Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Should a cervix check cause...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 12 Replies
Your baby's HR to drop?? I woke up in the middle of the night with my underwear and PJ pants soaked so I went to L&D to make sure I wasn't leaking. A midwife checked my cervix and I immediately started bleeding. She said I had a lot of mucus and bloody show but my fluid was not leaking. It felt much rougher than any other time my cervix has been checked. After that his HR dipped and they kept me a while until he stabilized. Was she too rough with me or is that normal?
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColoradoMom86
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Ever since she checked me I've also had bad back pain but I think it's trapped gas...
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM
It's unrelated, imo.
chrissydan
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:55 AM
No idea sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Your worry/adrenaline might affect your baby.

How far along are you?

*When we are thinking we might be leaking it can be very important to avoid internal exams (worth probably avoiding anyhow-).     If you had show then you may be laboring, but what she did (could have been membrane stripping) can also cause pain, bleeding, back issues, unstable contracting, leaking (amniotic fluid).    

doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting ColoradoMom86: Ever since she checked me I've also had bad back pain but I think it's trapped gas...

It's hours later now, how are you?

LilliesValley
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
You probably were alarmed by the blood and rough check and your flood of hormones effected baby.
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Cervical checks can help to get things going too.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I'm sure the HR dropping is unrelated BUT things could be getting started and that could potentially cause HR drops and back pain. Also my cervix checks were much rougher once I started to dilate/efface. 

krusesbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM
This.
I think the more your dilating the more it hurts. Im a 4 (35weeks) and my check was excruciating. But good news is i lasted ling enough i can stop takn meds and baby can come as he/she pleases

Quoting Devious103102:

I'm sure the HR dropping is unrelated BUT things could be getting started and that could potentially cause HR drops and back pain. Also my cervix checks were much rougher once I started to dilate/efface. 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I agree about it being unrelated, but the drop could be from you and reacting to the check.  I have had heart rate drop before when I would tense up and I would make myself stop breathing.  I hope all is well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)