Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

advice needed please :)

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
Im 37w 2d. Last night (after sex) I got very painful contractions and thought I was in labor. They last for 4 hours and were regular and strong.... they just all of a sudden died off though.
My body did this with my last pregnancy too and I was induced because I would have contractions for a few hours and they would vanish. I was 4cm at 38 weeks because of it.

Should I continue to have sex to get them to come back for me and hopefully stay? Should I not at all? Is there anything I can do that when my body is ready it will actually stay in labor?
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You should continue to live life normally, sex ins't bad for baby and IF your body is ready to start labor it will.... 37 weeks is still early for baby so I wouldn't have sex just to make baby come.

kelliamber006
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My doc told me sex isnt bad... and it wouldnt put your body into labor if it isnt ready anyways
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Your body will do whatever it needs to whenever it needs to--  Don't worry!
If you want to have sex (and your doctor already said you're safe) go ahead.

:-) 

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I had contractions that came in spurts for HOURS and WEEKS and MONTHS LOL 4 hours isn't bad at all.

Suggestion. Keep having sex, walking and trying to relax inbetwee.

I was 5cm dilated at 35 weeks, and lasted until 39 1/2 weeks... so being dilated doesn't mean much. When your body is ready to go into labor, it will.

Devious103102
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Just do things as normal. Don't have sex JUST to bring on the contractions because if it's real labor they'll come on and keep going. Fasle/prodromal labor is a PITA. 

Heather2001
by Heather on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM
You're still really early. I wouldn't worry about it yet.
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Lots and lots of sex would be my advice and when your body is ready you will go into labor. No need to try just yet but I mean, sex wouldn't hurt!

kelliamber006
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Oh I dont want to go into labor right now that isnt what I meant (sorry) but my doc said that she wont let me go over 40 weeks because of having a vbac (#2) and my son was 8lbs 9oz... she doesnt want me to have a chance to rupture if I have a larger baby than #2
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN