Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update in Red! Am I in early labor?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM
  • 18 Replies

Alright FTM, not too sure if I'm over analyzing. I'm EXACTLY 37 weeks today. For the past 3 days some strange events have been occurring! I'm not too sure if I'm possibly in early stages of labor or is this just last tri symptoms?!

• Dec 14 - I could not stop moving my bowels. I went approx 4-6 times.
  • Dec 15- Woke up 6am extremely nauseous. Couldn't keep anything down. A few contractions throughout the day. Mixed with irregular menstrual like cramps. Everytime I used the bathroom felt like something was bearing down or was gonna pop. I was so afraid to urinate.  From 10:30 pm the menstrual like cramps wouldn't leave me. Tossed and turned the whole night with cramps.
  • Dec 16- At 6 am I woke up to my stomach making rhythmic motions like a wave. Idk how to describe it. It lasted two mins. At 6:10 ish I felt something leaking down my leg. I put my hand there and it was very clear like water with this tiny tiny cloudy tinge. And still at this current moment its very watery. No blood though. But the cramps are getting a little more heavy.
  •  Havent felt any movement from baby which is odd bc she's up everyday at 6 am!
  • Also my belly feels so comfortable. Its not tight. NO pressure. I feel like I'm 4 mo's again 

Waiting for Dr's office to open!

Thanks to all who showed concern and gave great words! I called my Dr office and my dr wasn't in so they connected me to L&D. I was asked to come in. The Dr decided to test "the fluid" that was "leaking" and hook me up to monitor any contractions. A cervical check was done as well -__- Well it was a false alarm! I was 0 cm dilated. My DD was uber responsive to the monitors on my tummy. Her HB was gr8. The fluid was deemed "normal" BUT I was having contractions. They decided to let me come home to rest and when it gets unbearable for me to return. 

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mckelish
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I would certainly call the doctor for sure. Doesn't sound like the labor I has but it's been 8 years and I've only had one. Mine was the feeling of cramping on and off all day. If you are still leaking fluid it sounds like your water may have broke or just have a leak. The most concerning symptom would be the lack of movement from the baby. Most offices have a 24 hour nurse line you can call I would try that or even the er to try to talk to a nurse. Especially if you have hours before your dr's opens. Good luck! Hopefully you will have your baby soon!
fam3113
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I was thinking of just calling the hospital but Idw sit there all day. Hence trying to just go to the Dr office but perhaps it's better I call 24 hr nurse line. Thank you for the advice!

Quoting mckelish: I would certainly call the doctor for sure. Doesn't sound like the labor I has but it's been 8 years and I've only had one. Mine was the feeling of cramping on and off all day. If you are still leaking fluid it sounds like your water may have broke or just have a leak. The most concerning symptom would be the lack of movement from the baby. Most offices have a 24 hour nurse line you can call I would try that or even the er to try to talk to a nurse. Especially if you have hours before your dr's opens. Good luck! Hopefully you will have your baby soon!
lillucky8
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I would def call the doc!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fam3113
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM

PS I just drank juice to see if she would respond! And she just kicked me =P

Quoting mckelish: I would certainly call the doctor for sure. Doesn't sound like the labor I has but it's been 8 years and I've only had one. Mine was the feeling of cramping on and off all day. If you are still leaking fluid it sounds like your water may have broke or just have a leak. The most concerning symptom would be the lack of movement from the baby. Most offices have a 24 hour nurse line you can call I would try that or even the er to try to talk to a nurse. Especially if you have hours before your dr's opens. Good luck! Hopefully you will have your baby soon!

mckelish
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Oh good that is always reassuring! I'm sure you feel relieved! I would call the nurse line like you said just so you are not stressing till te doctors opens. They can give you the best advice on what to do next. They won't have you come in unless they need you to. They don't want you to be around the sick people in the er or taking up a bed anymore than you do :)

Quoting fam3113:

PS I just drank juice to see if she would respond! And she just kicked me =P

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
How are you doing now? Did you end up calling or going in!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Update??
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I would go in and get checked out with the lack of movement.

fam3113
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM

BUMP!

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for the update!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured