Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Paternity Testing

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 105 Replies

My fiance is convinced that when you're in the hospital, after you have the child, they make you do a paternity test to make sure who the father is. Is that true?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scraphappy12
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Uh no. My husband and i were not married with my oldest daughter , it was never mentioned. Maybes he is hinting that he wants one ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sblizzard21
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM

He doesn't want one or anything like that, it just scares me cause I'm not sure who the father is between him and one other person. So I'm just making sure they don't require you to get one.

Nessasmomma
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
My now husband and I weren't married with our oldest and they didn't do one.
dreamarrow
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 9:59 AM
2 moms liked this
No they don't require one but if you're worried it may not be his why wouldn't you mention this to him? Imagine if it came out later
Sblizzard21
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Well either way if it came it now or later, he'd leave me. It wouldn't come out unless he made me get one later on down the line. That's another thing. I took the morning after pill about 20 hours after I made the mistake with the other guy. Which was August 31st, my conception date was August 28th. I'm hoping the morning after pill worked and my conception date is right.. But I don't know how accurate those pills are..

WillsMOM72
by Stephanie on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
No
Turtledoves
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Nope, not true.

RaisinGirl78
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It's not the case where I gave birth. Does he know that there is a chance he isn't the father? He could always do an at home DNA test after the baby is born, it's cheap & easy.

Quoting Sblizzard21:

Well either way if it came it now or later, he'd leave me. It wouldn't come out unless he made me get one later on down the line. That's another thing. I took the morning after pill about 20 hours after I made the mistake with the other guy. Which was August 31st, my conception date was August 28th. I'm hoping the morning after pill worked and my conception date is right.. But I don't know how accurate those pills are..

momoftwogirls29
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Usually you have to request a DNA test to be done. Unless the man you are naming as the Father refuses to admit the baby is his. With my Daughter the Father claimed she wasn't his, but the hospital never said anything about a DNA to me. I had to request it, or the state did.

Jewl-e
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Here where I am they give the father 3 months to go back on the papers and have a paternity test done. They dont require one but they do ask if either of us wanted a paternity test, even go as far as to ask the fathers privately. I sure hope that things work out for you, and I hope that the two guys in the running look some-what similar... Or that could blow up in your face!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)