Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

will you get baby's ears pierced?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 44 Replies
At what age?
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM
If she wants them done she can get it done after 4years old.
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

i think i had mine done when i was a baby....so i really havent decided if i was going to do it....i do not know if she is going to be allergic to fake gold like me!  right now i just want her to finish baking and be healthy before i make any decisions on that....but this topic does seem to get pretty heated from what i have seen lol

LuvMyBoys09
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
She can have them done when she's old enough to say she wants them pierced.
HKing01
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

We just got my 3 year old daughter's ears pierced. I will get this baby's ears pierced too but we will wait a while.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM
My 2 year old wants hers done bug I know she will not let me clean them or turn them so i am making her wait. I let my first dd get them done the first time at 2 and they got infected and she would pull at them.

Quoting LuvMyBoys09: She can have them done when she's old enough to say she wants them pierced.
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM
We waited until she wanted them. She was 4 when she started asking. I showed her YouTube videos of other kids getting them done so she knew exactly what to expect! She was pretty good about letting me clean them but we did have some infections that came months after she got them done. We changed them only once but wound up going back to the original gold ones she had them pierced with. While she loves having her ears pierced she has no desire to change them at all!
Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe 3 months old I was 2 when I got mine done & I vividly remember not wanting the second one done! I will have them both done at the same time at a professional jeweler with real gold earrings not at some kiosk in the mall.
CrazySingleMom
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I won't be getting my baby's pierced. Its body modification that I will not force on a child who isn't able to consent. If she wants it when she is older then I have no problem with that. But not until she is old enough to understand that it hurts and its forever.

Carolynishappy
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I decided when I wanted mine pierced. I think I was in middle school. I will let her decide if and when she wants her done. :)

*^*Carolyn*^* 

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 17, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I will NEVER pierce a babies ears... when she's old enough to understand how to take care of them, and old enough to tell me she wants them, then she can have them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN