Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

constipation relief?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 19 Replies

apparently having a 6lb baby sitting on your insides messes things up, i dont even remember when i had a decent movement. i've eaten soo many prunes and now moved onto the fiber one bars to help. and nothing

any medicines that would do the trick quick =( 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
falloutboy
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Coffee and oatmeal do the trick pretty good. Are you drinking enough?
fam3113
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:59 AM
Lots of h2o plus try getting a fiber supplement. Check with Dr first. I also juice fresh veggies and fruits and drink up!
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Call your OB ... they prescribed me something, but I dont remember what it was called that helped with that during a prior pregnancy

juniper1745
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Prune juice. Works EVERYTIME. Chug a glass then go to bed.
Crazzzytega
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Mirlax should be safe to use it was on my list of meds ok to use. I have never used it but have given it to lots of patients and was effective
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
May have to pick some up today

Quoting Crazzzytega: Mirlax should be safe to use it was on my list of meds ok to use. I have never used it but have given it to lots of patients and was effective
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I drink all day long and all night (wake up , pee and chug 8/16oz of water...go back to sleep repeat 3hrs later)

Quoting falloutboy: Coffee and oatmeal do the trick pretty good. Are you drinking enough?
rwcw89
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I ate all the prunes I had left , usually 3-4 would do the trick, I ate 6 in two days and nothing bleh I wanna relieve this before I start cramping from it

Quoting juniper1745: Prune juice. Works EVERYTIME. Chug a glass then go to bed.
krn210
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I would check with your doctor, but my OB told me that stool softeners are ok to take. That should help get things going.

juniper1745
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

yeah eating the prunes doesn't work for me either, I have to use Sunsweet prune Juice. I usually chug about 8oz and then follow that with water. Then I go to bed. When i wake up in the morning it's usually pretty easy to go. Hope you find relief soon! 

Quoting rwcw89: I ate all the prunes I had left , usually 3-4 would do the trick, I ate 6 in two days and nothing bleh I wanna relieve this before I start cramping from it

Quoting juniper1745: Prune juice. Works EVERYTIME. Chug a glass then go to bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN