Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

BH vs. Real Contractions

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
Im curious...are they anything alike?

My son was 9 days late and they tried to enduce. My body never went into labor and I ended up having a c section. My daughter...scheduled c section. 7yrs later im preggers again lol I go tomorrow to fill all my paperwork or for my c-section. I've had BH admit more than I think I ever have with either of my first 2 kids. With out going into natural labor ever im just curious. Are tbey similar but more intense? Different?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KikiB85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Freakin type-os ....sry. im mobile.
Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

BH are like early contrax.  the difference is that they are irregular and don't increase in intensity.  drinking water and lying down will usually settle them down.  real contrax come at regular intervals and will get stronger and stronger.

PrimalMom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

To be honest, they aren't easy for me to explain the difference.. I think for me its a more gutteral pain. A BH just tightens my belly up but real labor contractions dig deeper? My husband says my keywords for real labor pain is "don't touch me" so he knows if I start wanting to be left alone he knows the contractions are real and to not mess with me. With BH I can just sort of ignore it. Also real labor contractions tap my back. BH simply stay in the front and don't carry discomfort anywhere else. Also, if you are having any BH try to drink more water. It might help. If I have ever had a lot of BH I noticed I didn't stay hydrated as well that day.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I didn't have BH until my third either. They just felt like tightening and they took my breath away. While they were slightly painful they never got more intense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

BH's can sometimes feel worse than regular contractions, it all depends on your body. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
For me, BH were just my entire uterus tightening up and getting hard but not really hurting. Real contractions felt more like period cramps that would radiate up and to my back.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN