Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I'm a Doula and Childbirth Educator. Ask me anything

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 138 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been a doula for 2 years and recently trained for childbirth education. Ask me anything.

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sspaschal2427
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM
What is to be expected at a first time prenatal appointment?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2twoboyz
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I have had hyperemesis with every single pregnancy. This is my third and the worst. I haven't eaten or drank in about 16 weeks. I have a Picc, tpn, home nurse. I am on a zofran pump and suppository phenergan. WHY am I still so sick? When will this nausea/ vomiting end. Will I be able to return to a normal diet after birth? This sucks.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM

They will ask questions about your family health history, medication you are on, timing of last period, any bleeding or other problems, etc. They will probably draw blood and may do an ultrasound. Depending on your gestation, they may do a vaginal ultrasound. If you are around 10 weeks, they may try to listen to the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. They will also do a pap smear if you haven't had one recently. 

Quoting sspaschal2427: What is to be expected at a first time prenatal appointment?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Wow, that is horrible! No one really knows why some women get hyperemesis. Usually it goes away soon after birth. Sometimes it gets better as the pregnancy goes on, other times it lasts the whole time. You should be able to return to normal eating soon after the baby is born.

Have you ever considered medical marijuana for the hyperemesis? I don't have much info about it, but I have heard it can be a good option when nothing else is working.

Quoting mommy2twoboyz: I have had hyperemesis with every single pregnancy. This is my third and the worst. I haven't eaten or drank in about 16 weeks. I have a Picc, tpn, home nurse. I am on a zofran pump and suppository phenergan. WHY am I still so sick? When will this nausea/ vomiting end. Will I be able to return to a normal diet after birth? This sucks.

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I want a vaginal birth with twins. Tips for getting a trial of labor and finding a midwive who might be willing to take me on for a vaginal birth? Suggestions during the pregnancy to encourage a vertex position with two babies?

Mittenmommie
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Why the hell won't my labor start??? Lol
Monkeychick
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I was told my last pregnancy my uterus is thinning. i am 39 weeks with no doctor and no insurance because of me moving . i had preclampsia with 2nd child and have had 2 csections should i go to er ? im really worried
Ryansmom87
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Is it possible to be pregnant and get a negative hpt? I'm over a week late, have the whole slew of symptoms, swollen breasts, vaginal discharge, tiredness, and nausea and keep getting negative hpt's, I mean is there really anything else it could be? Very confused! 

kyheavensmom
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I am about 5 weeks and 3 days. yestersday I was sitting in the chair and was leaning forward and it was so uncomfortable, a lot of pressure at the bottom of my belly! is this common at 5 weeks? I can not recall with my other pregnancies.

Proud-USMC-Wife
by Ashley on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I really want to do a natural birth this time around and have the nurses/docs as hands off as is possible. How do I go about that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)