Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Getting ready for a baby before you even try

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 40 Replies

Am I crazy to want to start getting ready for a baby 1 year before we even start trying for a baby? What are some things that you wish you would have stocked up on? Any tips on getting prepared for a baby on a budget?

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

diapers? thats about it you can never have too many. maybe a crib if you found one you just couldnt pass up?

patienceheart
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Should I stock up on mostly newborn? Or maybe so many of each size?

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Well for me after a shock almost 2 months ago of finding out and now are trying again after a loss i have started shopping for stuff on sale. I found a changing table for $30 marked down from $160 at kmart and have been getting blankets and some clothes. I also got a bumbo seat with tray for $20 on a sell site. I am watching for a crib still that i want to go on sale. Main thing is buying nothing that can expire.
ms.keisha17
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Diapers diapers diapers lol wipes baby socks t shirts size 0-3mo diapers size newborn to 2
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Maybe the big furniture, crib, changing table.

I'd hold off diapers for several reasons: certain brands of diapers may fit babies differently. For example, Luvs fit my daughter better than pampers or huggies. My twin boys came along and huggies fit them better. Another reason, you don't know how big baby will be. Some babies can be in newborn size longer than others
MammaKoi
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Stock pile and remember one thing used is never bad either. Babies go threw clothes so quick the first year. Stock up on diapers if your using disposable or if your looking to do cloth start looking at different brands and catching up on reviews. Find things onsale!! Don't be afraid to go to baby stores either that are gentle used items. I'm going on my 4th baby and I'm not afraid to say it, used it not terrible not everyone needs brand new. Doesn't mean that on occassions deffinatly buy something new for baby. 

Are you hoping for a girl, boy? 

prenatalRN
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM
consignment shop for big ticket items like swing, carrier crib etc...
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I never bought anything before I got pregnant. It even took me a while to start buying things after I found out I was pregnant. I was afraid of jinxing myself. 

patienceheart
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I am hoping for a girl! So what I am gathering from these is that I need to stock up on the diapers/wipes/clothes, and I need to purchase the big furnature! 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM
You can start eating healthy, take prenatal vitamins, and exercise.

You could start looking for good deals on furniture - crib, dresser, glider/rocker.

I wouldn't recommend stocking up on disposable diapers yet. Sometimes they don't store well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)