Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

everyone hates the name.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 43 Replies
We picked Raquel Isabel for our baby due in May and everyone hates it. My mom said my girls will hate me later for all having bell middle names. My other girls are Dominga Annabel and Monica Kirstabel. My brother says he will call her Rocky and buy her boxing gloves. My sister says its just plain ugly. :-( I know its our choice and we can stick with this name if we want but I dont want everyone hating her name or calling her Rocky. :+(
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sondi7
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM

There were a few names I loved but decided against because I hated the nicknames. 

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM
When we named our son after hubby I made it clear to family he was a second not a JR. And he wasnt to be called jr. A few of hubbys friends have tried to call him jr. And I correct them. Idk but I cant stand peoplecalling him jr. l

Quoting Sondi7:

There were a few names I loved but decided against because I hated the nicknames. 

srm8824
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That's really rude they aren't more supportive even if they don't like it. I'm sorry :(

I think the name is just fine!

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM
It's ok. I don't like it because the ending sounds are the same.

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Thats the only reason the middle namd wasnt 100%. I am positive she will be Isabel or izabel but we were strongly leaning toward Raquel. We have a terrible time picking out names. Our last baby we didt agree unti like 37 weeks.

Quoting MommeeTo4: It's ok. I don't like it because the ending sounds are the same.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM
It's not a bad name, but when I see Raquel it doesn't really scream "feminine".
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM
If you love it though, use it!
MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Yeah. Im just one that doesn't like rhyming or endings that sound the same

I generally use a short first name and a longer middle or vise versa.

I mix it up with syllables, so it doesn't sound like mush. It also depends on the last name as well.

Quoting iamnameless: Thats the only reason the middle namd wasnt 100%. I am positive she will be Isabel or izabel but we were strongly leaning toward Raquel. We have a terrible time picking out names. Our last baby we didt agree unti like 37 weeks.

Quoting MommeeTo4: It's ok. I don't like it because the ending sounds are the same.

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont like it, BUT I don't have to like it... you do! My opinion is irrelevant  :0)

iamnameless
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I last name is weird. No one else has it. It Bojhay pronounced bohi.

Quoting MommeeTo4: Yeah. Im just one that doesn't like rhyming or endings that sound the same

I generally use a short first name and a longer middle or vise versa.

I mix it up with syllables, so it doesn't sound like mush. It also depends on the last name as well.

Quoting iamnameless: Thats the only reason the middle namd wasnt 100%. I am positive she will be Isabel or izabel but we were strongly leaning toward Raquel. We have a terrible time picking out names. Our last baby we didt agree unti like 37 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)