Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Do comments from strangers

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 28 Replies

Ever annoy you?   A lot of people say "you don't look nine months pregnant" and I'm like, ok.  Am I supposed to say thanks?  How is nine months supposed to look.  Good lord!  

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srm8824
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes. I got the whole "are you sure there is 1 in there?!" 

umm. yes. as if I am not self-concious enough about the 3287492 lbs I've gained.

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Comments from everyone annoy me, lol. But yes, I've carried small this entire pregnancy and even now at 40 weeks, people are shocked when I tell them my due date was 3 days ago.

esox
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I received my first rude comment yesterday. "You were HUGE at Thanksgiving, and now look at you!" 

Thanks bitch, I've gained 2 pounds my entire pregnancy. Only thing I could think to say in the moment was "you too!"

Larsbug
by Laura on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

only certain days did it bother me

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM
I'm 29 weeks and haven't gotten any comments at all. I'm constantly amazed at all the rude things I hear people talking about on here!
Mommy_Natural
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM
So far people have only said nice things lol. People at work didn't know I was pregnant until I was almost 6 months and they said my baby bump was so little. Now it's growing and they all comment wow we can really tell now! But they are all nice no one has called me huge yet, that will bother me if it ever comes.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM

when i was pregnant with my first people would say "you dont look pregnant" as if i was lying. i didnt start showing at all untill about 6-7 months.

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM

oh and people would say i looked so puffy thanks to my preclamsea. as if i didnt feel like a whale already.

sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
This woman at a race my dh was working pulled me to the side and told me she was a registered nurse if I happened to go into labor. I just looked at her funny because I wasn't due for five more weeks and she said " O, you're carrying so low I just assumed.." I said "nope he's been right IN my vagina the whole time, thanks though!" And continued my walk. The comments just make me laugh at others inability to mind their own business/ have good manners!
treysmom9706
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
When we found out we were having twins and shared the news, people asked me if we knew it was twins prior to the ultrasound. I was like of course the hpt I took said pregnant with twins. Are you kidding me! Of course we didn't know beforehand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)