Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Water broke about 22 hours ago and nothing

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 35 Replies
My water broke last night at 630, got to L&D around 830, they gave me oxytocin to move things along because I had not made any head way on my own.. Well I was on that from 1130 pm till noon today, maxed out the dose and still nothing.. So now they gave me some pill to finish effacing my cervix and hopefully get things moving. I'm exhausted and so ready to give birth... Ugh!
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mgm_5
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Good luck!

Rh1annaa
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Good luck! Baby will be here soon :)
mama.alicia
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Oh no momma :-\ I hope things speed up for you.. dont worry though u will be holding ur little bundle very soon :-D
mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Good luck hope things start to move along soon for u and baby will be here in no time 😊
doulala
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM
4 moms liked this

You don't have to intervene & force it, that is one route.    Some of us stay home (and leak! for days/weeks!).   If you want to make things easier you can ask about your options and reconsider.    It helps & can make things so much nicer~      
But if you continue inducing then your baby will certainly be here soon.

GL!

:-)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM

hugs 

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Good luck hun, hope things go well.
Mom2Adalee
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Can't wait for an update!
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Staying home while leaking isn't the same as staying home after it breaks. The body can replenish leaks, but when it breaks the body can't replenish and you risk exposing the baby to infection and germs without the fluid. Going home would not be a good idea. 

But OP--best wishes!!! Do they have Pitocin instead of the Oxytocin? I hope something gets your body going soon *fingers crossed*!!!

Quoting doulala:

You don't have to intervene & force it, that is one route.    Some of us stay home (and leak! for days/weeks!).   If you want to make things easier you can ask about your options and reconsider.    It helps & can make things so much nicer~      

GL!

kcangel63
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If you keep peoples fingers out of your vagina, there is very little risk of germs being introduced. Your body can still replenish. It will just keep leaking.

With my 4th, my water broke. Like POP and shot to my knees like a water cannon while sleeping in bed. It resealed (or something) a few hours later. My midwife ended up breaking it again. She mentioned how it only broke on top. It was weird. LOL

Quoting smorgan865:

Staying home while leaking isn't the same as staying home after it breaks. The body can replenish leaks, but when it breaks the body can't replenish and you risk exposing the baby to infection and germs without the fluid. Going home would not be a good idea. 

But OP--best wishes!!! Do they have Pitocin instead of the Oxytocin? I hope something gets your body going soon *fingers crossed*!!!

Quoting doulala:

GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN