Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

magnesium citrate... hope it helps

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 7 Replies
Been having nasty gas like pains all evening with the feeling I need to poop. I don't think its labor simply because they aren't super regular and I can only feel it low, not up at the top of my uterus. Just slammed a bottle of magnesium citrate, if it doesn't help i'll go in. Fingers crossed I poo.

(I'm 38weeks and 4 days so labor would be ok, I would like to make it to my csection on Thurs tho)
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Goodluck
Redkrow23
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Make sure you drink a lot of water so you don't get dehydrated. I never took this during my pregnancy because it is a laxative and it will pull so much out you and both you and the baby need it. Hopefully it worked for you though and you got to get it all out.

sugarcrisp
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I just had my daughter two weeks ago and when labor first started I wrote it off because it was all low. Never during the entire 9hrs did they go up throughout my uterus. It was all down low and front.

That said, EPO can help you to have a BM and sometimes that even kickstarts labor.

lesalmi
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I've been taking epo every day for 3 weeks. I probably should go in but I really don't want to drag my dd out in the -33 degree weather for it to be nothing and get sent home. I was in l&d already for contractions but they weren't strong enough to to anything so they sent me home. Drs are so contradictory. One says "Come in if they get to the point you can't function thru them" another says "because your having a csection we don't want you to labor at home so come in if you even suspect your in labor"
with dd it was semi easy-my back hurt so bad I was in tears and I felt like I was pee'n myself (my water had broken bit trickled)

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I just had my daughter two weeks ago and when labor first started I wrote it off because it was all low. Never during the entire 9hrs did they go up throughout my uterus. It was all down low and front.

That said, EPO can help you to have a BM and sometimes that even kickstarts labor.

lillucky8
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:21 AM
I hope you get some relief!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
How are you doing now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lesalmi
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Better thanks. It helped, I've been cleaning now all day. Lol

Quoting kmqw229: How are you doing now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)