Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else not giving people a specific due date?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 29 Replies
I'm on my 4th pregnancy now and have been vague about when I'm due. I'm pretty sure they gave me a date that's a week sooner than when I should be due since my cycles were long and I ovulated later than day 14. I also tend to go past 40 weeks. Therefore, I could easily go 1-2 weeks past the date they gave me.

I don't want anyone holding me to any specific date and hassling me when I haven't "performed" when I was supposed to. All I said was that it's later in March and every time I talk to the same people, they keep asking me for a date. Ugh! Why does it matter? What do they plan on doing when that date comes? I feel like not telling anyone when I've given birth and just hiding out. Haha
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarcrisp
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I may or may not have lied by a week or two when I was due (other than the midwives). :P

markswife03
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Haha! Maybe I should say it's March 30th. By that time the baby will likely be here before they have a chance to annoy me.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I may or may not have lied by a week or two when I was due (other than the midwives). :P

corpswife523
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:19 AM
I've been telling people middle of January, lol. But since doc moved the date up I tell people the beginning of January. As simple as that. Although I did tell my mom and other immediate family the exact EDD.
skitskidaddle
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
I know, its like, why do you have to know. Strangers ask me. I ignore them. Im like, oh december or january. Lol
skitskidaddle
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Yeah its like: why? Are you going to mark it in your calendar?
samsanders
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Meh, it doesn't bother me when people ask that. I think it's just one of those questions everyone asks pregnant women. I just have chosen to say mid of February because he came come anytime during that month.
esox
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:22 AM
I don't think its that big of a deal. If anything I'd rather give an earlier date so if he/she does come on time people aren't all over you about having the baby too early.
Johlsh
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I tell people mid Februray. I'm due the 19th
fam3113
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I told them first week of January a but yet my family has been calling for the past two weeks asking if I gave birth. Wth? Do they think I'm gonna have her in secrecy?! Lol and jeez it's not even January yet! Fall back!
NCJen84
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM

By LMP my edd is 12/30/13 (today), by high risk dr ultrasound my edd is 1/6/14, and my midwife 1/14/14... This entire pregnancy none of them have came to an agreement on when it is. They all use their own dates...

Then family asks I always say between Christmas and mid Jan.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)