Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really worried, please read

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 8 Replies
I have been sleeping with an electric blanket at night cuz it's so cold , I have woken up a few times so hot and my belly was really hot to the touch. Could I have hurt the baby by getting to hot? What could happen? I swear I could feel flutters last week and now nothing I am 13 weeks 2 days. I sleep with it on 2 now.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
doulala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:57 AM

It would be safer to not use that.    You might make a hot water bottle (not to warm) instead.
But sometimes we will feel movement and then not, that happens.

GL!
:-) 

markswife03
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:10 AM
You shouldn't expect to feel much movement yet anyway. The baby is probably fine, but it might be best to turn down the heat or only use it when you're awake.
esox
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:32 AM
I've used an electric blanket since the beginning practically. You will not hurt your baby using one. If you get to hot your body will let you know, just like it did already. Later in pregnancy all of the apps and books recommend using heating pads to reduce soreness. Its pretty much the same thing.
MistyMoo
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I use one. If you're worried turn the heat down and use a sheet on top to trap the heat in..
Chaos1229
by Tasha on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Just turn it down and you will be fine. As for movement it is still too early too feel consistant movement.
notomatoes
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

iyou need to call your doctor or midwife if you havent felt any movement in a few hours, yes, the unborn sleep, and can sleep for several hours at a stretch, but seriously, you need to call your doctor or midwife..NOW!

MyahsMom
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
She's only 13 weeks, I don't think it's time to panic over decreased movement yet.

Quoting notomatoes:

iyou need to call your doctor or midwife if you havent felt any movement in a few hours, yes, the unborn sleep, and can sleep for several hours at a stretch, but seriously, you need to call your doctor or midwife..NOW!

Proudmom81713
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Thank you for everyone's feedback and from the moms that use an electric blanket also. I am such a worry wart. I felt movement with my last baby at 12 weeks, but I also had placenta previa so my placenta was very low. I'm hoping that my placenta is on top this time and that's why I haven't felt the movement.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)