• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you still have left to do before your ready for the hospital?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:17 AM
  • 19 Replies
and how far along are you? I'll be 33 weeks wednesday

I still have to pack the hospital bags
Pack a bag for ds to go to his grandmas that day/night
Look up relaxing music on computer and put it on my phone
Practice more hynobirthing techniques
Take my 2 hr waterbirth class next week
Find an appropriate outfit to labor in the water
Mail in the registration form (will do this week)
Clean my breastpump tubes and everything
Write up a birth plan and make copies
Install carseat
Pack a bag of drinks n snacks for the hospital

Man that is more than I was expecting. I will start narrowing these down!!
Thankfully all the baby furniture is ready to be used. Stocked up on newborn diapers and wipes and I washed all the clothing. Need to boil the new nuks.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytosixboys
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Hello I'm 35w 4d I still need to get the essentials for me and baby as far as my nursing things and miscellaneous things for baby and pack my bag and get snacks for the hospital also I will install carseat after we leave the hospital
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I'm having my baby next Monday (38 weeks 1 day today) and I just need to get diapers and wipes. I packed his clothes for our 4 day stay after my c-section. I will pack my clothes the night before because I have to wear them this week because they are all that fit my belly lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgotthis817
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I am 36 weeks 3 days. I will be having a c-section on the 17th. I am all set for baby at home and packed for baby and me for hospital. I still have some things I would like to get done at home, Christmas decorations all down and put away. I want my house as clean as possible, clean bedding on all beds, bathrooms clean. But other that I think I'm ready :)
threat
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I still need to pack snacks, get a camera, set up her crib and make arrangements for someone to watch my other kids. I leave for my induction in 3 days.
krusesbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Almost 38 weeks. I just need to be in labor
OhSara87
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I'm 37 weeks....ready to be in labor.....decreased movement...baby is head down but not engaged.

Doing baby laundry tomorrow along with a Dr. apt in the afternoon.

Using the same bottles from DS who's 3....so those have to be boiled.

Cradle needs to be put together and things organized
sdmk0212
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I may be having mine then too! I'm 38 weeks today, and the doctor and I discussed a C-Section for the 6th. Did they already tell you that you'd be there for 4 days afterwards, or have you been there / done that before and just know from experience?

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: I'm having my baby next Monday (38 weeks 1 day today) and I just need to get diapers and wipes. I packed his clothes for our 4 day stay after my c-section. I will pack my clothes the night before because I have to wear them this week because they are all that fit my belly lol!

CafeMom Tickers
sdmk0212
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I'm pretty much ready. 38 weeks today, so I really just want to go into labor. This is my first, so I am a nervous wreck, to say the least. We have to install the car seat and put the stroller together. Everything's washed though, stocked up on diapers and wipes awhile back. My bag and baby's bag are packed, which I will probably unpack and repack at least a half a dozen times more. I have been cleaning like a fiend. I do have some loose ends to tie up for work. I am a teacher, so I am finished with my substitute plans and have all my materials copied, but I just need to print out my plans and detailed instructions and organize everything. That won't take long though. Otherwise, I want to do vain things like get my eyebrows waxed and my nails done one more time, LOL. Oh, and spend some time with my horses who have really enjoyed some time off as this pregnancy finishes up!

CafeMom Tickers
cuppycake91
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I'll be 39 weeks Thurs. and still have to pack my bag and have DH get together whatever he wants to take. 

Carseat has to be installed too, but that will have to wait I guess. My mom is giving us a ride to and from the hospital and keeping DD for us when I'm in labor. She let me install DD's seat ahead of time, but won't let me install the baby's ahead of time too because "it will take up too much room" even though she is the only one ever in the car besides us..She's weird and has to make everything complicated. lol  I guess I'll be installing a friggin carseat while I'm in early labor.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:04 PM
This is my fourth c-section and I have stayed 4 days every time:-) It's nice to have the 4 days to bond with baby before going home.

Quoting sdmk0212:

I may be having mine then too! I'm 38 weeks today, and the doctor and I discussed a C-Section for the 6th. Did they already tell you that you'd be there for 4 days afterwards, or have you been there / done that before and just know from experience?

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: I'm having my baby next Monday (38 weeks 1 day today) and I just need to get diapers and wipes. I packed his clothes for our 4 day stay after my c-section. I will pack my clothes the night before because I have to wear them this week because they are all that fit my belly lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)