Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant with Paragard?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 1 Replies

This post was the last thing I would ever write... No way ever did I think I could become pregnant on Paragard.

A little background on myself. I am a mother to 5. My oldest is from a previous messy relationship and lives with her grandmother. I have ad 6 pregnancies. Prior to the birth of our youngest I experienced a blighted ovum... Not pleasant.... Thankfully shortly after I became pregnant with our baby boy. The pregnancy was my first high risk pregnancy due to bleeding. He ended up being delivered via emergency c section.

Following the birth of our youngest we set a plan for me to return to work after completing our masters degree. So no more children for us in the near future... if at all. We selected Paragard because it gave us the option to reverse if we chose.... ALSO, we didn't just rely on Paragard. The majority of the time we used condoms also. But that didn't seem to help...

So, now here I am... My period didn't show the entire month... I scoured the internet for information and could only sum that I needed to take a pregnancy test. So I did this morning.... We got a plus sign...

I will be placing a call to the doctors when they open, but has anyone experienced a pregnancy on paragard? I am so confused about what to do. I need to go back to work... How are we going to be able to afford another baby? What are the risks associated with this pregnancy? Is it another blighted ovum? 

Any insight would be appreciated!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
dnevans
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Well I can tell you it's been a long roller coaster ride for me, I'm now 29 weeks and 2 days pregnant and still have the paragard IUD embedded into my uterus.  It's definitely been a stressful and painful pregnancy.   I had my IUD in for 2 years before I found out I was pregnant, if fact I found out I was pregnant 3 days after marrying my husband, I was in complete shock!!  But so far my baby is growing and looking great.  I am starting to have a lot of contractions now so i'm just hoping I go a few more weeks before going into labor..

Quoting sernst5:

This post was the last thing I would ever write... No way ever did I think I could become pregnant on Paragard.

A little background on myself. I am a mother to 5. My oldest is from a previous messy relationship and lives with her grandmother. I have ad 6 pregnancies. Prior to the birth of our youngest I experienced a blighted ovum... Not pleasant.... Thankfully shortly after I became pregnant with our baby boy. The pregnancy was my first high risk pregnancy due to bleeding. He ended up being delivered via emergency c section.

Following the birth of our youngest we set a plan for me to return to work after completing our masters degree. So no more children for us in the near future... if at all. We selected Paragard because it gave us the option to reverse if we chose.... ALSO, we didn't just rely on Paragard. The majority of the time we used condoms also. But that didn't seem to help...

So, now here I am... My period didn't show the entire month... I scoured the internet for information and could only sum that I needed to take a pregnancy test. So I did this morning.... We got a plus sign...

I will be placing a call to the doctors when they open, but has anyone experienced a pregnancy on paragard? I am so confused about what to do. I need to go back to work... How are we going to be able to afford another baby? What are the risks associated with this pregnancy? Is it another blighted ovum? 

Any insight would be appreciated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)