Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here...disappointing beta

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi ladies. I'm new here, just got my BFP over the weekend.

I went for my beta today, 15 days past iui. It seems very low. 38.9 According to the chart the lab gave me, it's in range for 3-4 weeks (9-130) but seems so low compared to everything I've read.

RE's office is closed until Thursday & I'm so worried.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mama232011
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Hugs are you a poas addict??? With my son I was and found out at 3 weeks and a few days... when do you have the 2nd draw???
CDW75
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Yes I am! I wanted to "know" before blood test. :/
Next blood draw is Thursday, dang holiday means lab & RE are closed Wednesday.

Quoting mama232011: Hugs are you a poas addict??? With my son I was and found out at 3 weeks and a few days... when do you have the 2nd draw???
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay, well lets do the math here.

7dpo egg implants.

8DPO - 1 hcg.

9DPO - 2hcg.

10DPO - 4hcg.

11 DPO - 8hcg.

12 dpo - 16HCG.

13 dpo - 32 HCG

14 DPO - 64 HCG.

15 DPO - 128 hcg.

And that's assuming you implanted 7dpo, and your levels double every 24 hours.

It's not atypical to implant anywhere from day 5 to day 12. :P  so your levels could be perfect based on when you implanted.

And, they want to see them double every 48 hours, and my chart is based on 24 hours, with a 7dpo implantation.

Just to give you a visual aid to see how your levels are perfectly fine. ;)

Say you implanted day 9 instead of 7 - your HCG would be perfect for doubling every 24 hours.
CDW75
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you sweetie! With all you have going on, you still take the time for others. Hope you are feeling well today!

Quoting kajira:

7dpo egg implants.

8DPO - 1 hcg.

9DPO - 2hcg.

10DPO - 4hcg.

11 DPO - 8hcg.

12 dpo - 16HCG.

13 dpo - 32 HCG

14 DPO - 64 HCG.

15 DPO - 128 hcg.

It's not atypical to implant anywhere from day 5 to day 12. :P  so your levels could be perfect based on when you implanted.

And, they want to see them double every 48 hours, and my chart is based on 24 hours, with a 7dpo implantation.

Say you implanted day 9 instead of 7 - your HCG would be perfect for doubling every 24 hours.
mama232011
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
That's what I figured lol I'm waiting to TTC and trying for a girl I'm poas ovulation addict lol I'll be looking forward to an update :)

Quoting CDW75: Yes I am! I wanted to "know" before blood test. :/

Next blood draw is Thursday, dang holiday means lab & RE are closed Wednesday.

Quoting mama232011: Hugs are you a poas addict??? With my son I was and found out at 3 weeks and a few days... when do you have the 2nd draw???
kajira
by Emma on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It keeps me distracted, plus I believe in karma. Figure the more positive energy I give out, the more i'll get back... It's always worked before! LOL

Early pregnancy is hard, just keep your chin up, i'm betting your next beta will show that your levels are rising normal.

In my due-date group, around week 5, a lot of the women have HCG 2-3x higher than mine - and I was pregnant with twins. mine was around 1424, and they had HCG ranging from 1200-6500 around 5 weeks.

So, the # of HCG is so big and vast and wide and random.

Don't look at the # and assume somethings wrong - if it's in a normal range, just go with it. (Of course, listen to your gut instincts. Mine told me twins and I was right. LOL)

Quoting CDW75: Thank you sweetie! With all you have going on, you still take the time for others. Hope you are feeling well today!

Quoting kajira:

7dpo egg implants.

8DPO - 1 hcg.

9DPO - 2hcg.

10DPO - 4hcg.

11 DPO - 8hcg.

12 dpo - 16HCG.

13 dpo - 32 HCG

14 DPO - 64 HCG.

15 DPO - 128 hcg.

CDW75
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I know looking at other ladies' levels has been what has stressed me out. I'm just going to "go with it" and wait until the next blood test.

Thank you all for your replies. This is #3 for me but it's been 10 years since I've been pg.
lauren.m
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My hcg was 32 at my first draw. I'm now 23w2d with a healthy baby girl. Its hard not to worry. Just try and think positive I'm sure everything will be just fine :)
CDW75
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!! It definitely helps to see someone else had a # similar to mine to go on to a viable pregnancy.

Congrats!

Quoting lauren.m: My hcg was 32 at my first draw. I'm now 23w2d with a healthy baby girl. Its hard not to worry. Just try and think positive I'm sure everything will be just fine :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)